Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping Out

Options
  • 22-09-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hello,

I am in my second week of Art and Design in LIT, but am considering dropping out and doing the course again next year. Does anybody know if I will have to pay fees for the entire year if I drop out now, or is there a time-limit given by the CAO in which you can change your mind without having to pay fees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭kingofcastle

dont do it, stay in the course, you'l have to make new friends, worst thing ever man. Happened to me but was forced out due to circumstances, stay put and enjoy it

You can defer the course for the year and wont have to pay any extra fees and what not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lpk123

Unless it's completely necessary, don't drop out. What sort of fees are you paying at the moment? Also, there's a chance you'll have to pay actual fees next year when the government inevitably bring them in; I wouldn't risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

dont do it, stay in the course, you'l have to make new friends, worst thing ever man. Happened to me but was forced out due to circumstances, stay put and enjoy it

You can defer the course for the year and wont have to pay any extra fees and what not.

that would be your best bet. i think you have to pay full fee's if you drop out and go back again...don't quote me on that though:D. defer the year and you should be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Sorry. The information people have given you here is incorrect (99% of what they have said). You need to talk to the Admissions office in LIT or what ever other college you are interested in applying to.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Don't drop out. LSAD is the best! just hang in there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Don't do it, seriously!!!

Don't do it!

Why do you want to drop out? Please be totally honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

If I deregester am I obliged to go back to the same course next year, or can I change my mind and do a different one next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

You need to fill out a withdrawal form which you will get from Admissions or the Administrators in the Art College by tomorrow. Essentially this means that you won't lose out financially as the Government only give grants etc once. Then you're back in the rat race with everyone else and need to re-apply for other programmes through CAO by Feb 1st.

Advertisement