Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry to medicine

Options
  • 22-09-2009 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hiya guys,
    I am a mature student studying physiotherapy in UCD but i really want to do medicine!!
    can anyone advise me if I would be considered as a mature student if i applied this year, I am in 2nd year physio????
    I know i can wait and apply as a graduate but Im terrified of the cost of 4 years fee's!!
    Any advice would be great, I have checkout the websites but they arnt that clear.
    Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes, you'd still be considered a mature student but I would say you would have to pay fees for the year you've already done. Could you maybe transfer to Med? If you're assigned a tutor, go speak to them and they should be able to help you out. Or the people at the Mature Student Office are very knowledgeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Thanks Larianne,
    Im prepared to pay for 1st and 2nd year
    but to pay for 6 years would be a nightmare!!!!
    Thanks for the suggestion to go to my tutor I hadnt actually thought of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

No worries. Let me know how you get on.

If you contact the admissions office they should also be able to give you a guidebook to applying to Medicine as a mature student. It's separate to the mature student handbook. But check with your tutor, you may be able to transfer. Fingers crossed for you.

Advertisement