Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men's toilets in Busáras

• 22-09-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Strange question, but has anyone ever paid, or seen anyone pay, the 20c to get through the turnstiles in the mens' toilets in Busáras?

There are a few other pay-to-use toilets around the place, and although it's always a pain having to pay people generally do, in Stephen's Green shopping centre for example. But I have used Busáras a lot over the last few years, and I can honestly say I think I've seen one tourist pay to use them. I generally don't encourage doing things like that but on the few occasions people have asked me for change, I just tell them not to bother and just to hop through.

I know it's a strange thing to start a thread on but I have just never seen a pay-to-use system that was so routinely and unanimously ignored. Do people here pay the 20c or just go on in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

hell no. its not like they use the little money they get to actually clean them anyways

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

of course, just like i have no problem paying them for the privilage of using one of their customer friendly, efficient, comfortable, on time coaches....

...wait a minute.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I'd rather have my bladder burst than consider using their facilities. And you have to pay to use them?!

Get the fucking boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Do people here pay the 20c or just go on in?

I don't really care whether they pay the 20c to go into the toilets. Just as long as they pay me the 10 euros they owe me before they leave the cubicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I wouldn't.It isn't too bad paying 20 cent to use the toilet in stephens green as it is maintained to quite a high standard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

in heuston station if the man isnt their i do hop over:)either that or i piss on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Flutter* gave a detailed appraisal of the facilities in Busaras only last week. See link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055682636&page=2

* He's the leading authority around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've paid, I wouldn't dream of not paying

So you jump the barriers?

Typical, everyone scamming but me :(

Flutter gave a detailed appraisal of the facilities in Busaras only last week. See link:...

/checks watch

I dunno. I only ate a while ago.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Strange question, but has anyone ever paid, or seen anyone pay, the 20c to get through the turnstiles in the mens' toilets in Busáras?

There are a few other pay-to-use toilets around the place, and although it's always a pain having to pay people generally do, in Stephen's Green shopping centre for example. But I have used Busáras a lot over the last few years, and I can honestly say I think I've seen one tourist pay to use them. I generally don't encourage doing things like that but on the few occasions people have asked me for change, I just tell them not to bother and just to hop through.

I know it's a strange thing to start a thread on but I have just never seen a pay-to-use system that was so routinely and unanimously ignored. Do people here pay the 20c or just go on in?

Ye se... the St. Stephens Green toilets... I don't have to pay... because I use the baby changing room... which has a toilet for toddlers :D

• Advertisement

Thread Title: Men's toilets in Busáras
    Abigayle wrote: »
    I'd rather have my bladder burst than consider using their facilities. And you have to pay to use them?!

what would you be doing in there anyway....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Majority of younger people hop over them, don't think there is any security there. I think there is a camera but doubt it even records anymore. The toilets are a mess, singe marks everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

I've never paid when I've been in Busáras. They're not using better bleach than any other toilet as far as I'm concerned. The turnstile barrier thing is just a nuisance.
    poisonated wrote: »
    I wouldn't.It isn't too bad paying 20 cent to use the toilet in stephens green as it is maintained to quite a high standard.
    The last time I was there I begrudgingly handed over the 20cent. I hate having to pay to use the public facilities in public places like that, however small the fee. I mean, it's not as if you go into the place just to avail of the bathroom facility. We're usually in buying stuff and I'm sure Stephen's Green shopping centre does pretty well without squeezing an extra 20 cent out of customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

dannym08 wrote: »
    Edited. I am enough of a grammar Nazi to accept when I have been grammar Nazied.

what would you be doing in there anyway....:eek:

Title edited ;)

Edited. I am enough of a grammar Nazi to accept when I have been grammar Nazied.

i'm no grammer nazi...i was just pointing out that Abi is a girl and its a mens toilet. i cant figure out what was wrong with it before:confused:

i'm no grammer nazi...i was just pointing out that Abi is a girl and its a mens toilet. i cant figure out what was wrong with it before:confused:
    Good thing you aren't a grammar Nazi. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

That left luggage dept of Busaras is very handy .....jeeze a relief to offload a bag or two there when you've just arrived off a plane :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yeah I've paid, when I had two very full bags, one with a laptop and external harddrive in it, I was on my way home from Tralee and 6 hours on the bus up til then had worn down my resistance.

The St. Stephen's Green toilets are great, they're clean enough to chill out with a few cans. :pac:

DoireNod wrote: »
    Good thing you aren't a grammar Nazi. :pac:
    :D
    That just proves my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

if the barriers are open, i'm not paying, anyway, with those blue lights in there, you cant even see where you're going, they should be paying me

:D

I've never paid when I've been in Busáras. They're not using better bleach than any other toilet as far as I'm concerned. The turnstile barrier thing is just a nuisance.

The last time I was there I begrudgingly handed over the 20cent. I hate having to pay to use the public facilities in public places like that, however small the fee. I mean, it's not as if you go into the place just to avail of the bathroom facility. We're usually in buying stuff and I'm sure Stephen's Green shopping centre does pretty well without squeezing an extra 20 cent out of customers.

Speak for yourself there buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I think the idea is that junkies won't pay the 20c. If it meant they are kept in good nic then I have no problem parting with my cash for the priviledge. If you look at any of the free toilets in the city (pearse station, tcd arts, Arnotts, tcd hamilton ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054851334 )) they can often be in a bad state because they are abused by junkies and cruisers.

Speak for yourself there buddy.
    Haha :pac:. For the record, I was speaking about going into St.Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. Not the bathroom!
    I think the idea is that junkies won't pay the 20c. If it meant they are kept in good nic then I have no problem parting with my cash for the priviledge. If you look at any of the free toilets in the city (pearse station, tcd arts, Arnotts, tcd hamilton ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054851334 )) they can often be in a bad state because they are abused by junkies and cruisers.
    Fair enough. Point taken. Must be a Dublin thing! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I've never used the Busaras toilets but I'd pay if I was... I don't see the big deal about paying 20cent. And maybe if everyone did pay, then they actually would be cleaner because they'd have more money to spend on cleaning them...

Haha :pac:. For the record, I was speaking about going into St.Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. Not the bathroom!

Fair enough. Point taken. Must be a Dublin thing! :p

A quick heads-up for anyone in the Grafton St/Stephen's Green Area: the men's toilets in Brown Thomas are free. Very good facility and has always been spotlessly clean anytime I've ever used it. Downstairs in BT, just behind the diesel stuff. Only 2 individual urinals, but it's usually empty so there shouldn't be a problem with overcrowding or a need to queue. There's also a spacious room which houses the $hitter. Plentiful supply of good quality arse paper. The sink area also gets top marks; ample supply of both fancy liquid soap and paper towels to dry the hands afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭defence forces

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I don't really care whether they pay the 20c to go into the toilets. Just as long as they pay me the 10 euros they owe me before they leave the cubicle.

lol hahahaha :)

Good point about the junkies oppenheimer. But if businessmen and tourists don't pay the 20c I don't think a junky is going to have a moral crisis over hopping through either.

Regarding the Stephen's Green SC toilets, I always make sure to take an extra epic sh*t when I pay to get in there. If the toilet isn't severely blocked when I leave I just don't feel like I've gotten value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Pay 20c? No.

What's with all the hopping of the turnstiles? I just slide in between the bars and the right-most wall. Easy.

Although Cork City's bus station's turnstiles are impossible to get around bar jumping them.

• Advertisement

Pay 20c? No.

What's with all the hopping of the turnstiles? I just slide in between the bars and the right-most wall. Easy.

Although Cork City's bus station's turnstiles are impossible to get around bar jumping them.
    Well, I do that as well. They're constantly at a position where it's easy just to walk through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I do it like Jordan Knight from NKOTB. Hope over the turnstile, lean back, drop the coin in, awwww yeahhhh.:cool:

Then I have a massive dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Visited the Stephens Green toilets last Sunday ,3rd fcuking floor, just for a piss,which was lucky as there was a queue of about 5 lads in Cork and Kerry jersies all waiting to offload the brekkie.

Fcukin lucky the Flutt hadn't one on the bubble the fcukin two booths would be down to one fairly rapido.

O'Callaghan Hotel up at the top has ace shítters, downstairs, clean as a whistle,good solid wide throated bowls and lovely arse wipes.

I always try to leave them in good nick,as the first time left a watery lad spread over back of the cistern.

Top marks there.

Swan centre Rathmines is another of those turnstile shítters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you can't afford the 20c you could try and bum it off someone

Advertisement