Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon Forum & Announcements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Both sides see their decision as right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Orifiel

Rb wrote: »
    Both sides see their decision as right.

Exactly. Thus the change I suggest is better fitting.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If you're easily swayed by one line a person you don't know writes in a post on an internet forum, then you shouldn't really be voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

humanji wrote: »
    If you're easily swayed by one line a person you don't know writes in a post on an internet forum, then you shouldn't really be voting.

Why? The only reason I know what I'm voting is from boards. There are some great posts on the Lisbon treaty in the politics forums and I find them much more simplistic and informative than anything else I've read on it.

Because if you're simply voting the way you think other people are voting then you have no opinion of your own. You may as well not vote and leave it to those who take the time out to form their own opinion. It may seem harsh, but that's how I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

What if you're reading both sides of the argument from ordinary people (i.e. not politicians) and forming your own opinion based on that. And what better place than boards to do so - it's a free forum where no opinion is held sacred.

And I agree with the OP - it should say "informed decision" - no opinion is necessarily 'right'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

The 'right' decision is one you base on being informed.

Not necessarily what I or someonme else believes.

Semmantics.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

humanji wrote: »
    Because if you're simply voting the way you think other people are voting then you have no opinion of your own. You may as well not vote and leave it to those who take the time out to form their own opinion. It may seem harsh, but that's how I see it.

I'm not voting the way I think other people are voting :rolleyes: I've read posts on here both for and against the Lisbon treaty and I've made my own informed decision.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I hope its the right one. :rolleyes: :)

DeV.

I'm not voting the way I think other people are voting :rolleyes: I've read posts on here both for and against the Lisbon treaty and I've made my own informed decision.
    I didn't mean you specifically. I mean a random person who simply picks a side because they saw one post from one guy on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Is it possible to restrict Lisbon discussions to those with 100 posts or more?

Why are there so many 1-10 post count Lisbon zealots all of a sudden?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ganley / O' Leary paying em off goodo I reckon Jumpy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Jumpy wrote: »
    Is it possible to restrict Lisbon discussions to those with 100 posts or more?

Why are there so many 1-10 post count Lisbon zealots all of a sudden?

+1 was coming here to ask for same but for posts of 50 or over or something.

Lots of old accounts or new accounts with a few posts in other forums before jumping to politics starting and almost all contain jibberish IMO.

Its the same lies and crap and its really annoying and I don't know how the mods there are still sane at this stage.

I can see why boards.ie doesn't want to do it or even why the mods might not mind dealing with these people but my god some of the crap in that forum at this stage being repeated over and over using repeat accounts.

Advertisement