Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taking out a loan

Options
  • 22-09-2009 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

want to take out a €1000 personal loan with AIB
    thing is - i am just taking out the loan *incase* i run out of money on holiday. theres a good chance i won't but i'm terrified i'll end up stuck for money.

anyways i am wondering - if i take the loan out and don't end up spending it can i just pay it all back at once or do they want me to just make the monthly payments?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You can pay it back in one lump if you wish. If you take a fixed rate loan, just make sure to check if there's any penalties for paying it off early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Why dont you see about an overdraft instead or maybe a credit card... might be easier than a loan. The credit card is always very hrelpful to have abroad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Rabo direct have (or at least they had, not sure) a 'credit account' where you are approved for x but you will only pay interest on the amount that you actually draw down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Rabo direct have (or at least they had, not sure) a 'credit account' where you are approved for x but you will only pay interest on the amount that you actually draw down.

thats basically a credit card... or an overdraft.. both work on same principal where you will only pay interest on what you use

Advertisement