Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

short term life insurance

Options
  • 22-09-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello,

I'm moving employer and will not be covered by their death-in-service policy for my first year.

Is there a short term life insurance option out there? That will protect my family if I die. I only need 12 months coverage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

You can take out a longer-term policy with an online discount broker, including discount for the first year then cancel it after the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

You can obtain tax relief on your premiums by taking out a personal pension term insurance policy.Once you join your company's scheme, you will be become ineligible for the tax relief and then cease the policy.Generally speaking you wont be able to take out a 1 year policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

5 Years would generally be the min but as a previous poster said you could take out a 5 year term policy and cancel it when you need it.

Advertisement