Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday is the 10th Anniversary of Homelands 99

• 22-09-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭

What a fantastic day it was. I remember walking around the place and finding it hard to believe that this was actually happening in Ireland.

In terms of line up and quality of acts Homelands 2 was better, but nothing will beat the'I cant fukking believe this is happening' feeling of 99

Very good documentary here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5587479662417440145#

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Thanks for making me feel old.

My first dance festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I remember being very jealous of school friends who were heading along to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

KevIRL wrote: »
    What a fantastic day it was. I remember walking around the place and finding it hard to believe that this was actually happening in Ireland.

In terms of line up and quality of acts Homelands 2 was better, but nothing will beat the'I cant fukking believe this is happening' feeling of 99

F*** 10 Years!

Yeah.. The Location of it was surreal alright. The Location of many childhood excursions, tainted forever by utter madness.

Great days.. F***ing crazy times. Would love to see a 2009 catch-up with all the people in the Doc! :pac:

Used to be funny seeing those Tw ats going around with the Mitsubishi Gear - forgot about that.

Nice one Kev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

KevIRL wrote: »

Haha! Tonie Walsh - Forgot about him too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

10yrs??? Jaysus.

I never saw so many mad out of people in my whole life at those things :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Yes i was still out Raving every week then (an had been for years) and whilst i did enjoy this festival, unfortunately my drug consumption had gone haywire by 99 and in general i only went out to get off my head and unfortunately the music became secondary to me, but yeah from what i can remember this was a top Rave, DS all over the gaff though!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

10 years man? ****!!!! i remember seeing that doc on tv, i was in it, (well, in the crowd, holding up a 'HUGE TUNE' sign, with the "monkey-on-the-decks" [as my friends used to say] logo underneath, hooj choon)

17 years old, no drink, no drugs, just dancing for 12 hours straight...
    where the **** did them times go????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow, what a memory that is. Funfairs were never quite the same after that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Wasn't sure which one I was at (there was only 2?) but looking at the weather, or more so the RAIN!, I was definitely at the other one.

I remember it be a really weird experience being at Mosney for a Rave. Used to go there an awful lot as a kid so it was very strange seeing all the places full of ravers. :D
    Plus everything looked tiny!! I had had grown a bit since I was last there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

10 years! jesus christ, where does the time go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    10 years! jesus christ, where does the time go?

Like an arrow my friend, like an arrow.

I guess most people on this thread were at this, are you lads still into the whole thing? Still love it at 10 years later at 32, though not as frequently as before, prefer to hit places like Berlin at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Im guessing this was in a different league to the likes of Planet Love...?

Im guessing this was in a different league to the likes of Planet Love...?
    Was at homelands 1 and 2 and the two creamfields, think planetlove was more hard house and trance at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    I guess most people on this thread were at this, are you lads still into the whole thing? Still love it at 10 years later at 32, though not as frequently as before, prefer to hit places like Berlin at this stage

Still love the music, though haven't done any clubbing in some time now unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

the best music @ Homelands was on the Waltzer, they had a Tony De Vit tape playing :D

Advertisement