Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplier for good quality capacitors?

• 23-09-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

OK, I realise this request may be a little weird but after ebay, google etc, I think there maybe someone out there who can help. I'm looking for 2 capacitors for a single phase 240 volt 50 hertz motor which is used by a compressor for filling oxygen tanks. The capacitors I need are 240 volt 40 micro farad and the other is a 125 to 150 micro farad one. I can get them here in Ireland but they are quite expensive compared to other sources (or so I'm led to believe).

No harm in asking I guess!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

I would suggest you try maplin, peats(may not be on their site, could try calling them in parnell st, dublin), farnell, radionics

if none of these can help, I suggest you put this request in engineering.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

I would suggest you try maplin, peats(may not be on their site, could try calling them in parnell st, dublin), farnell, radionics

if none of these can help, I suggest you put this request in engineering.

Best of luck

Thanks for the response Random Stranger, I'll give those a go but I actually never thought about posting it in the engineering forum (and that would seem like the most helpful source) so thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Try this place in the states. They had a hard to find component that I was looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I used to get caps regularly from a place in Greenmount Ind. Est. in Harolds cross years ago. Can't think of the name of it now and don't know if it's still there but if you're in the area it could be worth a look. When you drive into the estate you'll have Apex fire in front of you, turn right and go to the end. They are/were in the top right corner facing you.

FWIW their prices were about a quarter of what our Italian OEMs wanted at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

milltown wrote: »
    I used to get caps regularly from a place in Greenmount Ind. Est. in Harolds cross years ago. Can't think of the name of it now and don't know if it's still there but if you're in the area it could be worth a look. When you drive into the estate you'll have Apex fire in front of you, turn right and go to the end. They are/were in the top right corner facing you.

FWIW their prices were about a quarter of what our Italian OEMs wanted at the time.

Excellent stuff, thanks for all the replies, very helpful although I'm still contacting the suggested sources!

Appreciate the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement