Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-129,Atlantis - 12/11/09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

jumpguy wrote: »
    :eek: Are they to scale?

Yip .......... Beeker has one in the back garden :D

Malty_T wrote: »
    Saw nothing but raindrops :(

Malty_T a song comes to mind ............:p

lord lucan wrote: »
    001.jpg
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:(:mad: betya Beeker has one of them too :D;)

ynotdu
    Fcuk You! Lol lol,jeez gotta be careful everything ya say here

Malty_T
    *Throws Up*

Stargut
    * agrees * :cool:

Beeker wrote: »
    Settle down boys:D
    I'll have to dump the wife with all the love i'm getting here:D:D

dont mind the love Beeker , give us your tee-shirt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Stargate wrote: »

This one??
    (It's even dedicated to Stargate:))

Or this one??

:p

• Advertisement

I have a bad feeling in my own gut!:D

Must have been all the wine during pre launch :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Hi Stargut wud it be Foam-drops keep fallin on My head:confused:
    You cork people are just gonna have to accept that Dublin IS the Capitol and adjust yar clocks accordingly,Ya missed all the Craic!:pac::pac::D

Oh and thanks for the sighting times but 100% cloud here in VERY important Dublin:),was no hope:(

Malty_T wrote: »
    This one??
    (It's even dedicated to Stargate:))

Or this one??

:p

HaHa HaHa lol @ Malty_T :p your a nutter :D:D:D Playing music for ol stargate eh? you`ll have ynotdu at it now sharing his love of Lord Beeker :D;):p:):rolleyes:

ynotdu wrote: »
    Hi Stargut wud it be Foam-drops keep fallin on My head:confused:
    You cork people are just gonna have to accept that Dublin IS the Capitol and adjust yar clocks accordingly,Ya missed all the Craic!:pac::pac::D

Oh and thanks for the sighting times but 100% cloud here in VERY unimportant Dublin:),was no hope:(

Ha :D thats a good one re foam drops , now to a more serious note . what was it you were saying about Dooblin :rolleyes:

i think they call it FYP , fixed your post LOL hehehe

Ha :D thats a good one re foam drops , now to a more serious note . what was it you were saying about WONDERFUL Dublin?

HUH,Well its wonderful!:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

HUH,Well its wonderful!:pac::pac::pac:

This isnt countdown ya know ynotdu :rolleyes::D;)

took me a while to find it but look here :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055732054

:pac:

Hard to believe this thread started way back in 22-09-2009, 23:17 pm

Guess by who ? .......>> the fella with the TEE-SHIRT :D;):p

This isnt countdown ya know ynotdu :rolleyes::D;)

took me a while to find it but look here :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055732054

:pac:

Thats all a conundrum to me:confused::p

Thats all a conundrum to me:confused::p

Would that be near Dundrum ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Hard to believe this thread started way back in 22-09-2009, 23:17 pm

Guess by who ? .......>> the fella with the TEE-SHIRT :D;):p

I was just re-reading it from page 1 earlier. Can't believe it's nearly 2 months since the thread came to life. The whole thread is both informative and hilarious in equal measure!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

This will be the-
    160th American manned space flight
    129th shuttle mission
    31st flight of Atlantis
    31st shuttle mission to the ISS
    104th post Challenger mission
    16th post Columbia mission

God speeed Atlantis!
    Beeker put 3 e's on speed in the first post. Very enthusiastic! :P

Initial observations of the Orbiters performance are very good,no sign of any damage. It'll be tomorrow before all the pics and data are fully judged.

Here's another view of the launch i found on youtube. This guy was at the visitor center viewing area,the only big difference between this view and the causeway is that you don't see the orbiter til a few seconds after launch,you can't see the pad.

I was just re-reading it from page 1 earlier. Can't believe it's nearly 2 months since the thread came to life. The whole thread is both informative and hilarious in equal measure!:)

Really brill Leo ;) same as myself , i had to go back over a good many of the pages as i missed a lot of what was said because of so many posts/posters tru the past fews weeks , great to see it all unfold , and now she`s up there it brings a lot of people together here , lol ive added you as a friend , now i can brag to ynotdu that MY buddy Leo was over there for the launch hehehe , he seems to favour Beeker LOL :D

Beeker put 3 e's on speed in the first post. Very enthusiastic! :P

i didnt seeeeeeee that till now jumpguy ;) Weeeeel have to put you on foam watch lol

• Advertisement

Here's another view of the launch i found on youtube. This guy was at the visitor center viewing area,the only big difference between this view and the causeway is that you don't see the orbiter til a few seconds after launch,you can't see the pad.

not just saying it Leo , but your video is far better than that !!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

i didnt seeeeeeee that till now jumpguy ;) Weeeeel have to put you on foam watch lol
    Was watching fairly intently for it when launch was on TV (I'm odd like that, when I watch I launch, I watch for foam), but I didn't see any come from any side of the ET. It'll be up to NASA's frame-by-frame examination to spot it, if there was any!

Was watching fairly intently for it when launch was on TV (I'm odd like that, when I watch I launch, I watch for foam), but I didn't see any come from any side of the ET. It'll be up to NASA's frame-by-frame examination to spot it, if there was any!

Well the launch looks like one of the better ones in recent memory Jumpguy , all tiles intact i hope ,

The crew is scheduled to wake up at 4:28 a.m. Wednesday and begin rendezvous operations 90 minutes later to dock with the station shortly before noon. I love the docking Jumpguy , no matter how many times i see it :p

LL what i would dearly love to see happened is , you to post a final comment to close the thread with a pic of you in THAT tee-shirt on your return and ask
    Redshift, slade_x, tbh, or r3nu4l to lock it tight

Now that woul be fitting seeing as you STARTED this thread and WERE there to see her go :p

I know , im a sentimental ole Bol**x :D

LL what i would dearly love to see happened is , you to post a final comment to close the thread with a pic of you in THAT tee-shirt on your return and ask
    Redshift, slade_x, tbh, or r3nu4l to lock it tight

Now that woul be fitting seeing as you STARTED this thread and WERE there to see her go :p

I know , im a sentimental ole Bol**x :D

Ha Ha but the mission runs until the 27th when the wheels hit the tarmac:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

:(:mad: betya Beeker has one of them too :D;)
    :cool:

Oh one or two...............:D

picture001smallc.jpg
    picture003small.jpg
    picture004small.jpg
    picture002small.jpg
    picture005small.jpg
    picture006smallk.jpg
    picture007small.jpg
    picture008smallp.jpg
    As you can imagine the wife loves going out with me when i have one of these on!:D

The ISS has just caught sight of the SS,for anyone that can keep a window open and going by The STS-128 live coverage,the OM burns look Spectaculor as the SS 'fine tunes'its approach!!!

Oh and naturally just as i posted that both have gone out of range of the tracking and relay satelites and returned to graphics :D

It comes and goes but the Shuttle Usually Changes its High gain antenna to 'Radar mode' prior to docking and the view is from the iss.

one burn just completed,another due at 13.05.

Beeker LOL that i think is more tops than i own :D

Terminal initiation burn at 14.05:Great sight to see if the iss catch's it and TV can be relayed!

edit again at 14.12, Well if ya missed it you missed Nothing,on STS-128 it appeared as a white circle rippling away from the SS like a stone thrown on water.

Oh well the close approach and 'belly flip' might be better :D

Oh one or two...............:D

As you can imagine the wife loves going out with me when i have one of these on!:D

Beeker , thats the final straw :eek: after i left that comment bout you having one of those tee-shirts :D went to bed thinking " ha " Beeker will google am image for us :p , as ynotdu said .........

" Beeker LOL that i think is more tops than i own :D "

I love the T-shirt which has the nametag velocity on it LOL
    I can just see yourself and ynotdu strutting yer stuff on the waterfront in waterford each of you in nasa gear :P does your wife knoiw about ynotdu ? HaHa

Awesome collection there Beeker :) my favourite is the last hoodie front/back ..........:pac::pac::pac:

Lets have a vote LOL

Hi Stargut(ya Langer:D)

Good live pictures now of the SS from the ISS after a very disapointingly long period of graphics only:(

Atlantis is only half a mile away now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

can you post up a link to this

Advertisement