Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-129,Atlantis - 12/11/09

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

no matter how good the tiles looked always find this time when they are going through the full heat of re-entry very tense!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

ynotdu wrote: »
    no matter how good the tiles looked always find this time when they are going through the full heat of re-entry very tense!

Ditto. The Orbiter was given a clean bill of health but it's still nerve wracking!!!

I'm go for re-entry!!!:D:D:D
    27112009013.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'm go for re-entry!!!:D:D:D
    27112009013.jpg
    Hey your nearly a bad as me:D

And there she is streaking across florida!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Always a beautiful sight:)

Sky News active have it live.

Home to get ready for its last flight:(

Fantastic stuff,as smooth a landing as launch was.

Beeker wrote: »

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement

Sky News active have it live.
    Watching at work, can't get to the forum too often:)

Fabulous!!!!
    Beeker HI,ya We were going to get You BANNED until STS-130{when we might need ya:D}
    SO the party is in YOur house Beeky,I have told everybody your address and we will be there shortly for the free beer.:D
    LL Jeez you started this thread early,We are tirder than the Crew!:D

Fabulous!!!!
    Beeker HI,ya We were going to get You BANNED until STS-130{when we might need ya:D}
    SO the party is in YOur house Beeky,I have told everybody your address and we will be there shortly for the free beer.:D

Must be nearly time for the STS-130 thread ynotdu,she's deep in processing right now!;)

Must be nearly time for the STS-130 thread ynotdu,she's deep in processing right now!;)
    during this thread nobody noticed my 'deliberate' mistake of saying there was four launchs in 2009!!!!! Tssskkkkk,I am SO disapointed in Yiz:(:(:(

LL can WE have Atlantis back now? Please,pretty please???????

OH and it is YOU who is getting these Youtube video's up So quick!:D

Beeker wrote: »

as You said about Spirit dont give up hope just yet Beeker;)

LL can WE have Atlantis back now? Please,pretty please???????

No!! She's staying here with me!:)

No!! She's staying here with me!:)

:D:D:D

Fabulous!!!!

Party!! don't tell the wife. As for the free beer you better get here quick:D
    Endeavour sure is getting ready for 130 next Feb. Bring it on!
    550pxsts130patch.jpg

Just been watching Atlantis being towed back to the OPF. She's going for a well deserved rest now.:D:D

Atlantis could fly again after her final mission(STS-132 in May). She's the Launch On Need Orbiter covering the final flight(currently classified as STS-335) of the STS programme in september. Obviously we'd rather that she was never needed as that would mean that there was an issue with the final flight.

• Advertisement

2009-6590-m.jpg

Poor STS-129 crew! Was watching the post mission press conference and there was only 2 journalists at it and they were more interested in thanksgiving dinner!! Only 5 of the crew attended,Bresnik rushed off to meet the new addition to his family and Stott was in crew quarters(she skipped the walkaround after landing too.) It's sad that the mission they just completed in flawless fashion gets little attention. No mission since STS-125 can repeat that level of excitement.

I'm still convinced that the only reason Sky/BBC show launch/landing is just in case it blows up and thet don't miss out on it.:(

I'm still convinced that the only reason Sky/BBC show launch/landing is just in case it blows up and thet don't miss out on it.:(
    Sad to say, but I thing you're right:(

Just been watching Atlantis being towed back to the OPF. She's going for a well deserved rest now.:D:D

Atlantis could fly again after her final mission(STS-132 in May). She's the Launch On Need Orbiter covering the final flight(currently classified as STS-335) of the STS programme in september. Obviously we'd rather that she was never needed as that would mean that there was an issue with the final flight.

I had it on in the background as well LL,It was slower than a funeral cortege:)

Seriously though i would not be surprised what obama will decide about further extensions{He chose to manys surprise to go for a far higher spend on Afghanistan war than expected and is addressing the American Nation about that next tuesday}He has received a letter signed by 83 members of congress supporting funding for the STS beyond 134.

Still a long shot but pressure is building up on him to keep it and NASA going and America.s economy is in recovery,That 'gap' between ending of STS and an alternative USA Launch vehicle is sinking in to the ones that have the power to cough up the money.
    well we can hope........................

If ever there was a mission to showcase what NASA can do it was STS-129. It was virtually flawless from start to finish. Reports from the ground suggest Atlantis is in great condition.

Poor STS-129 crew! Was watching the post mission press conference and there was only 2 journalists at it and they were more interested in thanksgiving dinner!! Only 5 of the crew attended,Bresnik rushed off to meet the new addition to his family and Stott was in crew quarters(she skipped the walkaround after landing too.) It's sad that the mission they just completed in flawless fashion gets little attention. No mission since STS-125 can repeat that level of excitement.

I'm still convinced that the only reason Sky/BBC show launch/landing is just in case it blows up and thet don't miss out on it.:([/quoti
    e]i

I also agree why else would SKY {When they do show it} give it just 3 minutes on the 'main' channel?

Sky news were 'caught' on Columbia and had to take feeds from FOX news because they had not booked a satelite feed direct from NASA as it was considered too boring:rolleyes:

Unfortunately spaceflight is a minority interest these days. Outside of the usual forums and interest groups there's little interest in it unless something goes drastically wrong unfortunately. You'd amazed how many people don't even know about the ISS!!

Unfortunately spaceflight is a minority interest these days. Outside of the usual forums and interest groups there's little interest in it unless something goes drastically wrong unfortunately. You'd amazed how many people don't even know about the ISS!!

Jeez unless you join a club or a forum,I find Myself in a minority of 1!
    even the really spectaculor SS/ISS pass-overs this year I had to grab people by the ears to the outdoors:(

I will never understand people who dont realise we are just on a 'pale blue dot'(courtesy of Carl Sagan and Beeker who posted his comments on another thread)

Atlantis has parked up in the OPF for some well deserved R&R. That concludes STS-129.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Advertisement

Jeez unless you join a club or a forum,I find Myself in a minority of 1!
    even the really spectaculor SS/ISS pass-overs this year I had to grab people by the ears to the outdoors:(
    Your not the only one. I know no one around where I live who has any interest in Space exploration. As I grew up it was only me who had the interest. Thats why I was so glad to find this forum as it gives me a chance to talk to others from Ireland about the greatest adventure known to man!!!!:D

Nice to have a few friends who share your passion:)

Advertisement