Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-129,Atlantis - 12/11/09

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Late addition to this thread. This is video from a minicam mounted behind window 4 on Atlantis,in front of the pilots position. The nose of the orbiter and tip of the ET are visible. It shows ascent until just before MECO. The initial launch and punch through the cloud is brilliant.

http://www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org/archive/sts-129/day1/replay15.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Beeker wrote: »
    Watching at work, can't get to the forum too often:)

My Digiweb internet has been dead or near to dead since friday :(:(:(:(:(

didnt get chance to see or do much ..... no broadband /no fun :eek:

ynotdu wrote: »
    during this thread nobody noticed my 'deliberate' mistake of saying there was four launchs in 2009!!!!! Tssskkkkk,I am SO disapointed in Yiz:(:(:(!:D

i saw it , go back and check ( hehehe ynotdu this is a BIG thread ) LOL :D

Party!! don't tell the wife. As for the free beer you better get here quick:D
    Endeavour sure is getting ready for 130 next Feb. Bring it on!

In fairness now lads , nobodys to start the STS-130 thread till at least Jan 2010
    haha :rolleyes: wishful thinking i`d say LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Stargate wrote: »
    In fairness now lads , nobodys to start the STS-130 thread till at least Jan 2010

Ahh C'mon....

Start it next week.:D
    I don't have much time for boards this week:(

• Advertisement

Your not the only one. I know no one around where I live who has any interest in Space exploration. As I grew up it was only me who had the interest. Thats why I was so glad to find this forum as it gives me a chance to talk to others from Ireland about the greatest adventure known to man!!!!:D

Nice to have a few friends who share your passion:)

Hear Hear , or is it here here , or even hair hair , or could be hare hare :D

Anyways , well said Beeker ole buddy :pStargate claps hands for us all here !!

Endeavour is in the OPF being processed as we speak so technically it could start now,i started this thread around the time Discovery had only landed at the end of the previous mission! Endeavour will be out on 39a by early january(or possibly earlier).:p:p:p:p

lord lucan wrote: »
    Endeavour is in the OPF being processed as we speak so technically it could start now,i started this thread around the time Discovery had only landed at the end of the previous mission! Endeavour will be out on 39a by early january(or possibly earlier).:p:p:p:p

Ok LL , hahaa you tell me what date you want the thread to start and we will have a whip round ( i said whip round ynotdu , not round whip :p ) to send either myself or ynotdu or fifilarue or maltyT or somone over to see her go , you and beeker are not allowed hahah you two have had wayyyyyyyy toooo much
    fun over there already :D ...............> jammy f&**kers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

i saw it , go back and check ( hehehe ynotdu this is a BIG thread ) LOL :D

Stargate You must think i came up the Liffey on the last bubble!:D
    just because You came up on the last bubble on the Lee :D
    Ya did NOT pull me up about saying four flew this Year!

I as much as i can was watching the the ISS crew members farewell and hatch closing ceremoney,It's undocking is due in about 45 minutes from now.

That will leave just two astronauts aboard the iss:eek:
    the good news is though they can Put on their spacesuits and frolic around together(obviously 1 of yar fantasies,but its a family site:D)
    I wonder if they had a 'scrap' could 1 make the other just float 360% with a nudge in weightlesness,like he'd be helplessly spinning there until the next Soyuz crew grabbed him!!!!;)

So off I go to watch the soyuz cosmonauts undock{Beeker makes Me put money in a swear box when I mention Soyuz or Cosmonauts{He's SO set in his ways:pac::pac::pac::D}and by the end of my shift i may just be able to stay awake for touchdown!

Oh BTW Beeker claims Endevour.LL claims Atlantis, Discovery will be MINE!!!!!
    The rest of Yiz can have a raffle for Enterprise with the Shuttle mock-up at the KSC as second prize! Roight?:)

DONT even think about it until January LL,as You know i Tried to give You the last say on your babies thread,but you's roped Me back in just as i was detoxing from STS-129:(:(:(

If anybody starts the STS 130 thread this early it will have to be called:

STS-130 including gardening and cooking tips to pad it out!!!!!!:eek:

So will You please think of something to close this thread{after my next post below}
    What about a picture of a fat lady singing perhaps?:D

• Advertisement

http://www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org/archive/sts-129/day12/replay4.php

Now LL will ya close the ******* thread?:D:D:D

update on Soyuz.it undocked at 03.53,good live view of entire ISS for about six minutes(b&W)as they backed away.
    due to land at 07.15.
    NASA later showed great color coverage taken from an ISS camera of the undocking.
    So diffrient to a SS landing but not enough interest in general for a seperate thread for the 'old workhorse'{amazingly they always launch on time and return crew after being exposed to all the harsh conditions of space after being 'parked'for six months.
    Recovery crews are in place should they land short,long,left or right of their target,and if close enough plenty of 4WD,s to get to them ASAP!

de-orbit burn due at 06.25.
    4 minute de-orbit burn sucess! Strange half hour earlior for the Soyuz crew,the ISS and MC in Moscow could hear them but they could hear neither!scary stuff for them.It was interesting when com was back to hear how much input was required by the crew as Soyuz is usually considered an automatic craft in the main.
    Helicopters have been grounded due to weather,so crew could have a long wait for recovery.They have GPS and satelite phone and a plane is in the air that is designed to 'find'them.
    one other thing i find interesting,the Soyuz will now split in 3,only the descent module will survive re-entry.NO space 'junk' left behind!

Touchdown was confirmed at 07.17,it was actually very tense to follow due to bad com.It landed upright it usually lands on its side because it has only ONE hugh chute and a small softlanding engine fire just before touchdown.

07.31 ground crew recovery have arriaved at the Soyuz :-)

Well done the ground based recovery crew got to the capsule within 20 minutes and got live pictures of the crew being removed straight onto stretchers :)
    (well six months weightless :) i was not expecting a jig Lol.

aretha1.jpg

aretha1.jpg

:p LL You putting pictures of the wife up now hahaha :)

Cmon LL , you know we are all waiting for the foto of you in your the tee-shirt to close the thread :D

:pac: :pac: :pac:

:p LL You putting pictures of the wife up now hahaha :)

It's a good job mrs. Lucan doesn't read the boards!!!! There'd be blood on the walls after that comment!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

That's a great video but take a look at this 129 launch video, it is fantastic!!!:)
    http://vimeo.com/7852885

That's a great video but take a look at this 129 launch video, it is fantastic!!!:)
    http://vimeo.com/7852885

Yeah,i downloaded that a few days ago from L2 on NASASpaceflight. I decided to take out a 2 month subscription,it's about €13 for 2 months. I'd recommend it to any spaceflight fan,some of the videos i've found there are incredible.

It's a good job mrs. Lucan doesn't read the boards!!!! There'd be blood on the walls after that comment!!!:pac::pac::pac:

HaHa i burst out laughing when you say that Leo.........ahem i mean LL :P

Hey isnt it time you closed this thread out Leo , only YOU can do that ,
    go on bud , make it happen , make history Leo , you started it , so you finish it :cool: i think we should all stand and give you a standing ovation LL for a job very well done ,

Hail king Leo :D

My t-shirt is in the wash!:p

• Advertisement

My t-shirt is in the wash!:p

LL is this thread still open haha , who does the washing in Your house ??? ;-)

who does the washing in Your house ??? ;-)

The wife read your comment on the previous page and won't wash it!:p:p

The wife read your comment on the previous page and won't wash it!:p:p

HaHa :p I think that excuse wont wash LL :eek: :)

Ha ... heres some pics specially for you Leo while your tee-shirt drys :P

http://pixdaus.com/single.php?id=29553

http://pixdaus.com/single.php?id=24700

Will someone go get Leo`s Tee-shirt off the line :P

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Bodan

s129e007592.jpg

Larger Link

Thats my favourite picture from the mission, I love the contrast.

Bodan wrote: »
    s129e007592.jpg

Larger Link

Thats my favourite picture from the mission, I love the contrast.

Hi,ya Bodan,This thread refuses to die!:)
    What a Great Pic!
    and three wise men just docked at that 'stable' beneath the Star!;)
    Happy christmas to You!

Advertisement