Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Swine Flu": Was it made in a lab?

• 23-09-2009 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

This video goes through the possible origins of the swine flu and provides evidence that it has in fact been developed in a laboratory. Apparently, a number of people who were reverse engineering the virus that caused the 1918 Spanish flu that killed millions worldwide have had their lives brought to an abrupt halt, aswell as numerous other top microbiologist and virologists around the world.

My opinion: seems plausible enough but since my knowledge of genetics is limited I can't say for sure if some of the stuff is true or la la land material.

Probably best to turn off the volume unless you want to wake up in the middle of the night expecting to see a giant needle at the bottom of your bed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkN-xbvLo-4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

Could someone show me how to embed the actual video in the post? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

wow. new to this forum, but this is some serious ****. you cant play with viruses. they evolve on their own account, and become resistant etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    wow. new to this forum, but this is some serious ****. you cant play with viruses. they evolve on their own account, and become resistant etc.

Welcome to the forum :)

Now put yourself in a pot of water, get your favourite mug and start learning.

And google "virus genetics engineering" while you're at it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

if you dont want to go to YT:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

samson09 wrote: »
    Could someone show me how to embed the actual video in the post? :o

To embed a video, when you're making a post (not the quick reply at the bottom of threads, you have to go into the advanced post options) you'll see a list of icons at the top of the text box. The second last one is the Youtube icon. Click on this and you'll get this:

[html][/html]

Then, the link you want to post will have a set of letters and numbers at the end of it. For example, your link in the OP is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkN-xbvLo-4

You take the last set of letters and numbers after the equals sign and get:

VkN-xbvLo-4

Take this and put it between the youtube tags

[html][/html]

And that should do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

We have to think about motives as well if we want to make a solid case for it being man-made. Who does it benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Undergod wrote: »
    We have to think about motives as well if we want to make a solid case for it being man-made. Who does it benefit?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

trying to kill off the population of the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a9Syi12RJo

sorry for goin off topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Deus ex style:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Magaa wrote: »
    trying to kill off the population of the world

That has never convinced me. A nice war is better, easier to cover up, and gives a bit of economic stimulus.

• Advertisement

Because it happened in the past, doesn't mean it happened in the present. That's not to say it can't happen, but there's no prrof, so it's all just jumping on a bandwagon.

humanji wrote: »
    Because it happened in the past, doesn't mean it happened in the present. That's not to say it can't happen, but there's no prrof, so it's all just jumping on a bandwagon.

Just because it happened in the past doesn't mean it doesn't happen in the present either, and the "experiment" in the first video happened in 1994 and other "experiment's" on an unwitting public date back to the 1930's.
    So I'd say its very plausible "experiments" continue on an unwitting public to this day, in more advanced and adventerous ways, and you may have to wait a few decade's for the proof, and maybe your jumping on the denial bandwagon, as there's more reason to believe they do happen than there is to believe they don't happen.

uprising wrote: »
    Just because it happened in the past doesn't mean it doesn't happen in the present either, and the "experiment" in the first video happened in 1994 and other "experiment's" on an unwitting public date back to the 1930's.
    So I'd say its very plausible "experiments" continue on an unwitting public to this day, in more advanced and adventerous ways, and you may have to wait a few decade's for the proof, and maybe your jumping on the denial bandwagon, as there's more reason to believe they do happen than there is to believe they don't happen.
    There's no reason to believe they're doing it at all, other than the fact that people in the past conducted morally ambiguous experiments. I'm sorry, but that doesn't cut it for me. Call me in denial if you want, but I need some sort of evidence before I accuse someone of mass murder. I'm old fashioned like that.

Advertisement