Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poker Coach

Options
  • 23-09-2009 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello All,

I am looking for a poker coach??

How do I go about it?

Are there any Pro's out there willing to help someone new to the game??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Hello All,

How do I go about it?

Thanks
    If you Pm a poster on here called Richie Lawlor he will be more than willing to help .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 FindaWay2Win

there are loads of sites out there like cardrunners and stuff, with hundreds of videos to show you how to play, or even look on 2+2. would be alot cheaper then paying someone here id have thought. if your just starting then they should be more then ehough. when you move up then maybe you could look at getting someone if you still feel you dont know enough. though im sure the guys that would be looking to take your money to teach you will tell you different

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Hello All,

How do I go about it?

Thanks

check our grinder school. affordable poker training site with some great content for small stakes players and newcomers to the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

DAMO72 wrote: »
    If you Pm a poster on here called Richie Lawlor he will be more than willing to help .

Ty, I offer a coaching course called No Limit Holdem for dummies, actually only have one student but I'm sure Damo will confirm the course is worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Ty, I offer a coaching course called No Limit Holdem for dummies, actually only have one student but I'm sure Damo will confirm the course is worth the money

LMAO :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

for Dummies & by Dummies...................:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

kakak1 wrote: »
    for Dummies & by Dummies...................:D :D

Go haunt a house old man

OK Ok i give up im like Carfax Lmao. You win this battle but the war is far from over

Go haunt a house old man
    Lmao again:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 manthol

When i started playing i read Dan Harrington's book. (1 of 3). It helped me alot with starting hands, understanding position, and betting relative to the blinds and pot size. also a basic tight/aggressive strategy for playing tourneys. I found it a good foundation to build on. After that it was just practice. Good luck!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭NiPoker

What sort of coaching?

Cash games or tournaments, NL PLO etc.

There is plenty of resources for learning, such as video training sites. Unless you cannot beat the stake at all or dont understand certain plays and want to learn more about the theory behind things, then a coach would be a good start if the videos aren't helping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 laughoutloud

i mostly need help with tourney play, getting the bet right, when to bet when to fold etc

reading another player etc

thanks for the advice so far alot of good advice

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Definitely get Harrington on Hold'em Vol 1. It should cost around a tenner I'd guess, and for a basic strategy and how to play, it is as good as a beginner can get imo.

Advertisement