Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Green for Cop15

Options
  • 23-09-2009 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

On December 7, 2009, political leaders from all over the world will gather in Copenhagen at the COP15 Climate Change Conference.
    share your tips on going green - because we care about our planet!

I go Green by buying "A" rated Electronics.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I try to go green by

To take direct action against the root causes of climate change as part of a community, and to do what I can to build a movement.

The idea that we can make huge changes to the world simply buy buying products with the word "eco-" prefixed onto their names is false and thus depressing. Of course, it is better to buy energy efficient products than inefficient ones. But if anyone is sitting back and thinking that if only everyone is buying more efficient cars, then our problems will be sorted, then they might as well do nothing at all. We need to cut emissions by 95%, not 2%.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Húrin wrote: »
    We need to cut emissions by 95%...
    Do we? Because that seems hopelessly unrealistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 PrestonDaly

djpbarry wrote: »
    Do we? Because that seems hopelessly unrealistic.

Well they don't get much more radical (brainwashed?) than young Hurin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

With world leaders hiring 1200 limos and 140 private jets flying to Copenhagan they are showing a good example.

• Advertisement
Advertisement