Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constructive Criticism Needed

• 23-09-2009 5:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭

Just finished about 3days full on work on this website and would like to know what you think of it?

Only thing I can see myself is the favicon icon needing changing but i have been looking at a computer screen for three days! :P

Anyways im off to catch up on some sleep, let me know what you think!

www.galwayuncovered.com/index.php

Also if you want to try the pub/club login
    User:clubkgalway
    Pass:shanley22

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I tend to pick html source apart with a fine tooth comb but I see you are using joomla. No real point in ripping it apart since you are stuck with it but just one thing. If you are going to have a link at the bottom of the page saying your site is valid xhtml I would be sure to check that it is :) The div-itis, obtrusive javascript, use of tables in forms and YAXTD (yet another xhtml transitional doctype) are out of your control.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jimmybob

I think it looks good. Ok its not valid xhtml but thats not the end of the world. It looks good in my browsers. You need more content though. If night clubbers is your target market you need to get the night clubs on your side for revenue and or any other venues you feature.
    Good luck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

jimmybob wrote: »
    Ok its not valid xhtml but thats not the end of the world.

Absolutely not the end of the world I would just prefer if a site didn't claim it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Thanks for the comments guy, I will be changing the valid xhtml & css to an email

Just added about 50% of the initial content if you go to bars/clubs links

Going to be also making a map with every single pub and club in galway on it thatll hopefully link to their profiles, wont be ready til the launch though (Friday week)

Advertisement