Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server Queues and Course of Action

Options
  • 23-09-2009 8:41am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

From the Aion site.

At NCsoft our commitment is to making the MMO player experience the best it can be. And while Aion has seen a very successful launch that has exceeded our expectations in many ways, we are aware of the longer than usual queue times that players have experienced on some of the servers. This is due to the initial rush of players that we’ve seen in the early days of the game’s launch in Europe and North America.

Since the opening of Head Start this past weekend, we’ve have been heavily focused on striking the delicate balance between managing busy servers with queue times versus overcompensating by adding new servers too quickly that are then underpopulated and don’t deliver a fun experience for players. We did indeed see an initial rush on the first days of Head Start which resulted in longer than desired queue times for some of our servers, and we are working around the clock to alleviate this. In fact, we are happy to confirm we have increased our server caps and are adding an additional server in both North America and Europe by this weekend, and we will continue to evaluate adding additional servers.

That said, we do have alternate servers where players are experiencing lower queue times. People can get a real-time update and select that choice on our website at: http://uk.aiononline.com/livestatus/server/

We continue to monitor issues closely and strive to address player feedback quickly to ensure the best possible experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Why do I think it will be the same again tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

In a queue since 5pm

Aion0025.jpg

still waiting to get in pfff.
    Hope they start to offer refunds this **** is a joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Aye its an absolute joke now at this stage.
    You would think with a new mmo they would want to just get people onto their servers and let them play.
    Instead people are just frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

It's gone beyond a joke. We are now paying for a game we can't play. I just got home and have a 2hr 45min queue for Spatalos. All servers have a 2+ hour queue apart from the new one.

Last night I sent a lengthy email to Kotaku.com explaining how serious the current situation is and how it's been since the head start began. I asked them to do a follow-up to their last story which detailed NCSoft's course of action for the private stores situation and the queue's. I doubt they give a ****e about my email, but fingers crossed.

Our community manager ayase/Sebastian is useless too.

*EDIT* omg ^^: http://kotaku.com/5369332/welcome-to-aion-server-queues-europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 metarpg

It is pretty frustrating, i've found the only reliable way to get in is to do so before 5pm. Hopefully it'll get better as they move forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

What i dont get is the lack of server's i mean the aion servers arent exactly high capaicty one's considering the game is fairly linear it would put a strain on the server's more so i would think. But why only 4 or 5 english server's ?

Warhammer opened with a retarded amount and we all know how that ended up but 5 !!! come on need at least 8 or 10 english one's. But even that is a bit pointless now with no transfer's because i dout anyone would enjoy having to reroll again.:confused:

ugh anyway dont think il logg in for a while cant be arsed anymore gotta get stuck into some college work.

Well i might pop in if the queue's die down

(kamee)

Advertisement