Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantity surveyor costs

Options
  • 23-09-2009 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've seen a good few mentions of getting a QS to cost out the building costs. Can anyone give me an idea of how much a QS would charge for doing that ?

Thanks.

(originaly posted in C&P , but thought this might a more appropriate place)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

MunsterM wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've seen a good few mentions of getting a QS to cost out the building costs. Can anyone give me an idea of how much a QS would charge for doing that ?

Thanks.

(originaly posted in C&P , but thought this might a more appropriate place)

we used a QS on our building work, i kinda decided to look on the use of a QS as an innoculation against being ripped off by rogue builders who like to become creative with costs as the job progresses. I found them very useful when preparing the bill of quantities in that i was fully aware of all the compenents of the work we required to be done and also when the different tenders came back in, we were able to compare the different builders. we were charged a perentage of the total cost of the bill of quantities.

Advertisement