Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat the Recession - Win your own apartment

Options
  • 23-09-2009 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Was in the Manchester at the weekend 4 the match and met with a friend of my brother. He has launched a website key2thefuture.co.uk. They are giving away properties in greater manchester as part of an online game of skill. With a few drinks and some bravado I was able to voice concerns of the project and its legitimicy. But sure enough yesterday he forwarded me details on the project and sponsors.they have even partnered up with Shelter - similar to Focus Ireland. For £5 -entry fee you can win a 2 bed apartment. No strings attached. Had a few goes . Quite interesting , it is a spot the ball game. Wouldnt move to manchester but it could pay a few bills.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

so basically if they get maybe 2000 entrants (infact its probably not worth 100k so less id imagine) the "free" apartment they are giving away pays for itself.

thats not "giving away" an apartment. You have to hand it to some of these developers there getting creative thats for sure.

And you were allowed enter after speaking to your brothers friend whos venture this is ? It it was properly legitimate you wouldnt have been allowed enter.

1 apartment being given away every number of weeks then you read the terms and conditions and you get this

Closure of Competition
    The Competition will close either on the date shown on the website as the closing date for that Competition or when the maximum number of entries for that Competition specified on the website/ [in these terms and conditions] has been achieved. The promoter may, however, in his discretion, extend the closing date by up to six weeks.
    If at the final closing date less than30,000 tickets have been sold]/ the minimum number of tickets specified on the website has not been sold,] then the Promoter will be entitled to retain up to 25% of the entry fees to cover administration and marketing expenditure and to make a charitable donation to Shelter. The remaining balance following deduction of this sum is “the Prize Fund”. The Prize Fund will then be distributed to the winning entrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Be very careful of such schemes.

Such a scheme in Ireland would need to comply with the Lotteries Act, which may be difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

nothing new with this - GAA clubs and other sports have been doing this for years as part of fundraising efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

It's like this thing: http://www.25eurohouse.ie/

I bought a ticket the other day for the craic!

jamieh wrote: »
    It's like this thing: http://www.25eurohouse.ie/

I bought a ticket the other day for the craic!

A million euro house in the middle of nowhere? lol..

If a million euro was the 'market value' then why doesn't he just sell it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement