Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File gone to DPP on Fás

Options
  • 23-09-2009 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Wonder what will come of it ...

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/file-sent-to-dpp-over-euro622000-spending-by-fas-1893572.html
    wrote:
    Gardai have reportedly sent a file to the Director of Public Prosecutions in relation to €622,000 worth of spending by FAS for which there is no evidence of any goods or services being provided.

The spending was mentioned by the Comptroller and Auditor General earlier this month in a highly critical report into the state training agency's management of its advertising and promotion budget.

This morning's reports say Gardai have mounted two separate investigations into FAS spending, one of which relates to the €622,000.

The other concerns spending on outdoor advertising and is still ongoing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I will be stunned if anything comes of this. This is just an exercise in optics.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It will be dealt with by the same garda operational group that is currently investigating Anglo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So, lets see. no-one has been eve charged over the recent corruption ala banks yet.

We have an oppurtunity to convict a few FAS heads over possible corruption, anyone beleive there will be criminal convictions over this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Firefly Fan

Unless they profiteered from the amounts spend or they gained personally in some way by drinks and associated hostility, I expect this to go the same way as the 166 shower of money grabbing sods in the Dail.

Feck all will come of it in the long run.
    And a great deal of public will continue to do nothing but more worry about the price of drink and fags!
    The nation is asleep. We deserve what we are getting. Screwed left right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I suspect the case will basically centre around who actually did benefit from the expenditure, if there was nothing tangible to show for it, then it has to be traced to something or someone.

They must have a reasonable chance of a case if its gone to the DPP, they obviously have people earmarked for charges or it couldnt even get that far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Just read about this and the Molloy pension issue on RTE news site.

I just remembered a sticker I saw on a window of a metro carriage in Paris last week on holiday:

Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement viole les droits du peuple, l'insurrection est, pour le peuple et pour chaque portion du peuple, le plus sacré des droits et le plus indispensable des devoirs.

My dodgy translation would be:
    When the government violates the rights of the people, rebellion is, for the people and for each section of the people, the most sacred of rights and the most indispensable of duties.

It comes from their document Constitution du 24 juin 1793 DECLARATION DES DROITS DE L'HOMME ET DU CITOYEN.

I don't see myself as radical, but I am being pushed that way. A lot of people are. I don't blame FF for global recession. But they are damn well answerable directly for a lot of other nonsense.

topper75 wrote: »
    It comes from their document Constitution du 24 juin 1793 DECLARATION DES DROITS DE L'HOMME ET DU CITOYEN.

Idle talk.

Recently 53% of them voted for the fellow who promised to powerhose protestors out of their ghettoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

i wonder did the lads in FAS get a few weeks notice that the guards were coming just like at anglo...im sure the shreader was working overtime.millonares dont get jailed in this country,they always know the right people!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i'd be interested what crimes specifically are being investigated and why? The spending at FAS was horrendous, but for a file to sent to the DPP there must be suspicion of something criminal relating to the money spent.

Advertisement