Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Membership

Options
  • 23-09-2009 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi Guys,

Just started my third year of college and I am looking to find Student Membership in a decent course in Kildare.
    I have emailed a few clubs but for some reason most of them have not replied and others have flat rejected it! Maybe they dont want their clubs full of students, which is understandable, but I am a genuine golfer looking to find a club and get a GUI and participate in competitions.
    If anyone knows of golf courses in the Kildare area that offers this, could you let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

jonnieb wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just started my third year of college and I am looking to find Student Membership in a decent course in Kildare.
    I have emailed a few clubs but for some reason most of them have not replied and others have flat rejected it! Maybe they dont want their clubs full of students, which is understandable, but I am a genuine golfer looking to find a club and get a GUI and participate in competitions.
    If anyone knows of golf courses in the Kildare area that offers this, could you let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Go to the GIU website and you can search for memberships in clubs - there is a student option on it.

http://www.gui.ie/membership_search.asp?area=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jonnieb

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Go to the GIU website and you can search for memberships in clubs - there is a student option on it.

http://www.gui.ie/membership_search.asp?area=1

Thanks Charlie,

Not many in Kildare though!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jonnieb

I think its been a while since the GUI membership section has been updated.

Firstly, alot of golf courses are not even on the full membership section let alone the student section.
    Secondly, I noticed a couple of clubs have got their old membership prices still listed on it.

If someone is a member of any Kildare golf clubs that offers student membership, just post the name of the club and the person to talk to.

Hopefully this will help myself out and other students in the area.

Advertisement