Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety statement for a carpenter

Options
  • 23-09-2009 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a safety statement for a carpenter. It's a lot tougher than I expected!

Does anyone know if there's any website etc where I could find some kind of free template? Or would anyone have an example of a safety statement, ideally for a carpenter, but if not then any kind of construction-related one.

Thanks a million, I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I get one done each year through my public liabilty insurance broker. You can have a borrow if you like and just swap words over,its meant to be specific for tiling but its pretty standard for most trades I think.

PM me and we can sort something out if you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

If you run into any real or percived problems after checking out aerosols liability doc then post back here and I'll see if I get a favour from an old friend in the UK who is a Health and Safety Consultant its the sort of stuff he does all the time mostly for big companies and normally charges a fortune but I know most of it is cut and paste and he's helped out for similar stuff before ;)

Because its one of those money for old rope, black box, closed shop type of things I doubt you'll find a good template on line, I haven't looked but I bet you can find someone who is willing to sell you one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

As suspected the usual shark pool of websites online that want to charge money for a saftey statement template LOL 295euro for an online statement.

Did find this though http://www.radleyeng.ie/safetystatement.html its for an engineering company but does give a good idea of whats needed.

If you cut and paste chunks of it into google you will find that its probably just a template with the company name filled in as you can find a few similar safety statements that might help a bit more ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mrsquigo

aerosol wrote: »
    I get one done each year through my public liabilty insurance broker. You can have a borrow if you like and just swap words over,its meant to be specific for tiling but its pretty standard for most trades I think.

PM me and we can sort something out if you like

Hello aerosol

I was wondering if I could get to have a look at your Tiling safety statement Ive been asked recently to get one together and I haven't a clue where to start with it so it would be a great help.......

Where are you based? are you available the weekend to meet up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 haulie

www.avenue-house.net Health and Safety Consultancy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

got mine done up last week for carpentry, joinery and furniture making. He came out listed machines listed issues hehad with a few items and then done up a specific statement. all for 170 euro. gave me 5 copies for insurance,office,etc. I was really impressed with his work. hes based in dundalk and i can pm number if anyone wants.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

1chippy wrote: »
    got mine done up last week for carpentry, joinery and furniture making. He came out listed machines listed issues hehad with a few items and then done up a specific statement. all for 170 euro. gave me 5 copies for insurance,office,etc. I was really impressed with his work. hes based in dundalk and i can pm number if anyone wants.

Did he list the required operations of each machine in relation to the product manufatured by you. And did he list best safe pratice method involved with each operation, carried out on each machine.

Just curious.

Advertisement