Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Cream Maker.

Options
  • 23-09-2009 6:50pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got one?
    Can you recommend a good one?
    What ones not to buy?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭chka

I'm looking for a good ice cream maker myself, something that works out of the box and you don't need to freeze it for 12 hours. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've heard great things about this one and am planning on getting it myself soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Wish I had a chest freezer. Can't justify €300 on a tabletop ice cream maker with built-in refrigeration, but a removable-core one for €30 would be fine - but you try squeezing one of them into the freezer of your standard under-the-countertop fridge :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I have one of the ones you freeze the bowl of. TBH its less hassle to freeze icecream in a tub and smoosh it up half way through freezing. I found the mix froze solid to the bowl and hte motor couldnt handle scraping it off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i got the basic kenwood one for around 30euro and hv used it few times and its worked grand.i dont plan on makin icecream for awhile so i dont store it in the freezer as dont hv the space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

After disasters with our bread maker, turns out it's quicker and just as easy to make by hand. I was considering an ice cream maker but as with the bread maker it really is just as easy to make by hand. The recipe I use you freeze just once (only takes a couple of hours it just needs to be just about frozen not totally) then you mix it real quick and pop it back in the freezer.

Advertisement