Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant

Options
  • 23-09-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi, I'm wondering can anyone suggest a nice restaurant in Killarney. Somewhere in the town that serves great food, has great atmosphere and good wine. 50-60euro pp. Going to Killarney with boyfriend and would like to book somewhere nice. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I was in Killarney about six weeks ago and went to The Vanilla Pod (http://www.thevanillapodkillarney.com/). Had a brilliant three course meal for two with wine and coffee for under €90. Great service by the guy who actually owns the place. Couldn't fault it.

Also had a great steak (the house special) in the bar of the McSweeny Arms Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I can second the Vanilla Pod, great food - imagnative dishes done really well with fab ingredients. And good value, if I was in Killarney I'd defo go back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 maevey

cheers appreciate that, I booked Vanilla Pod. looking forward, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

olaola wrote: »
    I can second the Vanilla Pod, great food - imagnative dishes done really well with fab ingredients. And good value, if I was in Killarney I'd defo go back again.

€22.90 for a 6oz fillet steak :eek: It'd want to be awesome - that's only a half portion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

nipplenuts wrote: »
    €22.90 for a 6oz fillet steak :eek: It'd want to be awesome - that's only a half portion.

I think we had three courses for €30. Can't beat that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

We had a great lunch - I think one of the lads had a large venision main for about 11 EUR? It was a really good dish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Good choice OP, the VP is super tasty.

If you're in Killarney for a few days you should try the Vanilla Pod for breakfast too, it's the cheapest yummiest breakfast place in Killarney imo.

Advertisement