Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP !!! Greystones 11 year old Child's Rugby gear needed for match on Sunday!!!

Options
  • 23-09-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi all, this is probably a long shot but ....my 11 year old son recently started back attending training sessions, I think he has attended 3 sessions...anyhow he announced over dinner this evening that he is playing a match on Sunday...he has NO KIT whatsoever...:o

About 3 years ago he decided to join Greystones Rugby Club. I was delighted and I duly stumped up for a full kit, jersey, nics, socks, boots etc... he wore them once and promptly decided his sporting career lay on the soccer field...:rolleyes:

I am wondering if anyone would have a jersey approx chest 38", waist 34, and size 7 socks.... Usual Terms: Cash up front! ;)

Thank you for reading

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Surely the club provides the jerseys?

They wear green socks right? Sports shop will have these!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Yep... That was my first port of call, but when we contacted the Club, they have none left in his size. They have more stock on order, but won't have these in time for Sunday's match...hence this request.

Are you in a position to come to our assistance ???

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

If you explain the situation to the manager on the day i'm sure they will sort something out. It won't be the first or the last time a player borrowed a piece of gear. I realise with a young fella he mightn't feel that's a great idea but if you've checked all the sports shops and other parents for a spare it won't be big issue come match day. I'm not trying to belittle your predicament I just think after the game the jersey 'problem' will be forgotten by the little guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Thanks for your advice, Huntthe, I believe I have been sorted out by another parent on the team... but as I haven't received the loan of the jersey yet... I did not update the post... Here' hoping!

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

Twiggy69 wrote: »
    Hi all, this is probably a long shot but ....my 11 year old son recently started back attending training sessions, I think he has attended 3 sessions...anyhow he announced over dinner this evening that he is playing a match on Sunday...he has NO KIT whatsoever...:o

About 3 years ago he decided to join Greystones Rugby Club. I was delighted and I duly stumped up for a full kit, jersey, nics, socks, boots etc... he wore them once and promptly decided his sporting career lay on the soccer field...:rolleyes:

I am wondering if anyone would have a jersey approx chest 38", waist 34, and size 7 socks.... Usual Terms: Cash up front! ;)

Thank you for reading

Hi Twiggy,

Don't know if this helps, but we have a pair of rugby boots for sale - Size 1. Great condition, but would suit Under 7's!!!

PM me if you want to secure them!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement