Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are boards.ie censoring Jom Corr?

• 23-09-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

It seems the good folks here at boards.ie are censoring Jim Corr. I joked about boards.ie being sold to the Rockefellers a few weeks ago, maybe I was right! Apparently they have deleted an article he posted in the politics forum and have cancelled his account. Wtf?!

[/FONT][/B]

Boards.ie have censored my Lisbon article pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png Written by Jim Corr Saturday, 19 September 2009 17:52 Today the 19th September I posted a self penned article on the forthcoming 2nd referendum on the Lisbon treaty. Upon my return to the web-site I have discovered not only that the article was deleted from the politics section, but my account appears to be canceled. Blatant censorship? You decide...

Scroll down a bit on the following page for more on this.

http://www.jimcorr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=10&Itemid=77

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

There's a rule on the politics forum against soapboxing and spamming the site. I think he was guilty of both. He may have also been a returning banned user, but that could all be a conspiracy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

From Corr's article:

PS: I won't be replying to any comments

From the Politics Charter, section 1, on starting threads:

if you are not willing to discuss what you post, then please don't post it.

Blatant censorship, or simple enforcement of clearly-defined rules?

You decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

bonkey wrote: »
    From Corr's article:

PS: I won't be replying to any comments

From the Politics Charter, section 1, on starting threads:

if you are not willing to discuss what you post, then please don't post it.

Blatant censorship, or simple enforcement of clearly-defined rules?

You decide.

In fairness, I have to agree he should have been open to discussion on his article. Still didn't deserve to have his account cancelled though, if thats what happened. Maybe he'll be able to re-post if he decides he wants to talk?

JIM! COME BACK AND START OPENING EYES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,415 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd also highlight the possibility that the Admins may not have had any proof that it was actually Jim Corr, so cancelled the account. If someone were to post an article like the one he did under any name, I'd bet the article would have been removed. Since he was claiming to be Jim Corr, the account was probably suspended because if it wasn't Jim Corr, the admins could end up being liable for not checking.

Plus he pimped his own website. Thats a big no no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

samson09 wrote: »
    Still didn't deserve to have his account cancelled though, if thats what happened.

Indeed. If that is what happened.

Hopefully not overstepping what I should be saying as a Politics mod, I can tell you that Politics mods cannot cancel accounts...but were the people who removed Corr's post (and who made the decision to remove his post)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What's the account name and I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

Gordon wrote: »
    What's the account name and I'll have a look.

Try theguyintheyellowplane , that might do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

maybe its because hes not as beaaaautiful as the rest of the coors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I cant forgive his misuse of 'Hegelian dialectic' on his webpage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

samson09 wrote: »
    It seems the good folks here at boards.ie are censoring Jim Corr. I joked about boards.ie being sold to the Rockefellers a few weeks ago, maybe I was right! Apparently they have deleted an article he posted in the politics forum and have cancelled his account. Wtf?!

[/FONT][/B]

Boards.ie have censored my Lisbon article pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png Written by Jim Corr Saturday, 19 September 2009 17:52 Today the 19th September I posted a self penned article on the forthcoming 2nd referendum on the Lisbon treaty. Upon my return to the web-site I have discovered not only that the article was deleted from the politics section, but my account appears to be canceled. Blatant censorship? You decide...

Scroll down a bit on the following page for more on this.

http://www.jimcorr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=10&Itemid=77

If you have an issue with what you believe to be a Boards.ie policy you should take it to the HelpDesk forum where an Admin will deal with your query.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement