Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sennheiser-CX400-II Gaming headphones 60% off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

My 2 sents are I bought a pair of these a few weeks back and was VERY disappointed with them. Poor base and fall out of the ear alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Gaming headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

>Poor base and fall out of the ear alot.

if they're falling out of the ear, that means you have the wrong ear plug.

thats also the reason for the poor bass. you need to find the one thats best for your ears to enjoy good bass response else it will sound tinny.

the pack comes with 4-5 different size plugs that fit on the earphone & one of them will give you a good fit & "seal" the ear canal so the sound goes directly into your brain & nowhere else :-)

> Gaming headphones?

Sorry they're ear canal phones, not headphones. The pack says "Gaming!" but I guess thats just a marketing spin for the increased bass response these things give out.

This is the same set-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX-400-II-Gaming/dp/B001EZUQSQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1253841648&sr=8-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

noodler wrote: »
    My 2 sents are I bought a pair of these a few weeks back and was VERY disappointed with them. Poor base and fall out of the ear alot.

Just some feedback on this, I know it's been 4 months.

I bought these from MyMemory, around this time.
    They're already malfunctioning.

It's as if the volume has gone down to 20% of it's capacity, probably from poor connections.

So I'd avoid.
    Am going to see if that 1 year warranty is real or not now... :mad:

I prefered the "Koss the plug" ( aka Koss Spark Plug ) earphones.
    Much more comfortable ear fitting with memory foam cushion ear phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

theyve been out of stock since christmas at least.
    ordered some cheaper off ebay(i know, i know) hoping they arent fakes

been happy enough with CX300s ive had for ages, wanted the inline volume control

I use these headphones daily, haven't noticed any decrease in volume, the sound is as good as the first day.

Let us know how your warranty claim works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I use these for gaming and find them good, like i doubt any pro gamers are going to use them but they suit me just fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Terrible earphones, do not buy. For that price you can get NuForce NE-6s which would destroy them, as well as a myriad of other earphones. SoundMAGIC PL-50, Cyclone PR1 Pro, Meelectronics Ai-M9.

There are two models of Sennheiser worth buying : The CX250 and IE8. Everything else is outdone in its pricerange.

I stress, NEVER BUY CX300s, CX400s, CX500s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i use these and they seem good to me but i'm not an audiophile
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/141138

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Baza210 wrote: »
    Terrible earphones, do not buy. For that price you can get NuForce NE-6s which would destroy them, as well as a myriad of other earphones. SoundMAGIC PL-50, Cyclone PR1 Pro, Meelectronics Ai-M9.

There are two models of Sennheiser worth buying : The CX250 and IE8. Everything else is outdone in its pricerange.

I stress, NEVER BUY CX300s, CX400s, CX500s.

Nonsense. Complete nonsense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

gpf101 wrote: »
    Nonsense. Complete nonsense!

I just paid €8 to send a pair of CX400's back to MyMemory.co.uk today. So I certainly wouldn't agree that the criticism is nonsense.

While the sound was good (while it lasted), it broke after 4 months.

They're like the Alfa Romeo of headphones.

Disappointed with the sound of the cx300 II's themselves.

Maybe I just don't like in-ear ones. What exactly do you call the old style ones, that don't go right into your ear?

Earbuds. The best earbuds are made by Yuin. You can get Yuin PK3s shipped from Head-Direct.com for €35, and they will blow you away.

By the way, for anyone keeping track, the CX300 II uses the old CX400 drivers.

Earbuds. The best earbuds are made by Yuin. You can get Yuin PK3s shipped from Head-Direct.com for €35, and they will blow you away.

By the way, for anyone keeping track, the CX300 II uses the old CX400 drivers.

Thank you sir, may try them. I don't quite get the love for ones you have to jam into your ear.

EDIT: Just ordered them. A little more expensive than the Senheissers but the thread you linked to was cool.

Thanks for the tip and if I love them I'll thank you again.

Hope they work out for you. The Yuin PK family really are the top-dog when it comes to earbuds.

Just a note, they're coming from China so shipping will probably take about two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

LOL have you actually read that thread and then reflected on your statement of "I stress, NEVER BUY CX300s, CX400s, CX500s."?

Hope they work out for you. The Yuin PK family really are the top-dog when it comes to earbuds.

Just a note, they're coming from China so shipping will probably take about two weeks.

If they sell real stuff thats all I care about.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    LOL have you actually read that thread and then reflected on your statement of "I stress, NEVER BUY CX300s, CX400s, CX500s."?

Well I didn't like the CX300s but I don't see what you mean, most of the people on that thread don't seem to be fans.

• Advertisement

Yes, my dear fellow. What are you LOLing about?
    If they sell real stuff thats all I care about.

Oh, they definitely do. I bought the lauded RE0s from there for my mother, they're great. Chinese stuff gets stick, but they make some of the best budget earphones. Besides, all of Sennheiser's low-end stuff is made in China anyway ... (Their expensive stuff is made in Ireland)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Well I didn't like the CX300s but I don't see what you mean, most of the people on that thread don't seem to be fans.

I didn't like the CX300's either. Too much bass, and not enough of anything else. If you're not getting bass you're not fitting them right. I like good bass but not massive bass as a lot of people do. I like IEM's but find I'm rarely in a situation when I can just ignore everything around me. So I've gone back to buds. Dunno what it is about Sennheiser's cables, but they tangle more than any other earphones I've owned. That said most of mine have lasted for ages. I have a set of MX760's which are pretty good, for buds. Another decent read is this thread for buds.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/earbuds-round-up-441400/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/what-best-budget-earbuds-438628/

I thought the bass on them were non-existant personally!

EDIT: Reassuring to see the PK3s rated well there as well though!

I thought the bass on them were non-existant personally!

You need to get the fit right. When I had CX300's I found they only fit right, in that I got a good seal, with a set of silicon ear tips from my SE phone. The Sennheiser tips supplied didn't work for me at all.

You need a good seal with IEM's.

PK3s and MX760 seems to be roughly on a par, they don't sound the same, but are of similar quality. Well going by those forums anyway.

Yes, my dear fellow. What are you LOLing about?
    A number of posts say the CX300 are fine for the price.

Hardly a great exhibit A is it? I would have though there were more damning threads to post if they are as bad as you say.

A number of posts say the CX300 are fine for the price.

Hardly a great exhibit A is it? I would have though there were more damning threads to post if they are as bad as you say.

Hehe, I think you are under the misconception that "fine" really is "fine". In the cheap end of the earphone market, there is such saturation that if it isn't rated as outstanding, you're better off looking elsewhere.

Hehe, I think you are under the misconception that "fine" really is "fine". In the cheap end of the earphone market, there is such saturation that if it isn't rated as outstanding, you're better off looking elsewhere.
    I get you now. In summary don't believe the Head-Fi forums, only believe your own ears.

Happy listening :)

Relying only on your ears can be painful to your wallet ;)

but then again... so is head-fi ...

May your sources be free of sibilance.

*cough* did I really just say that?!

I get you now. In summary don't believe the Head-Fi forums, only believe your own ears.

Happy listening :)

Since you can't test them before you buy them, how can you do that? The point (I think) was to only go for the very best of the cheap earphones, the rest are meh.

Also people in the US might be getting them a lot cheaper than we do, so while something might be ok at $20 its not ok for €50. The Head Fi forums have lots of mixed opinions, as not everyone is looking for the same thing/sound. You kinda have to find comments from like minded people. Most of the official reviews of anything on the web send to be unreliable. Personally I find foums to be more reliable as a guide.

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote: »
    Since you can't test them before you buy them, how can you do that? The point (I think) was to only go for the very best of the cheap earphones, the rest are meh.
    How can one tell what the very best cheap ones are though? I presume a lot of people would be fairly ignorant when it comes to sound. I have a pair of CX500s and they are fine without being amazing. On a cost benefit analysis is it really working spending upwards to a few hundred euro on Fi 10 TF10s if your just a common garden users which most people would be?

Advertisement