Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sennheiser-CX400-II Gaming headphones 60% off

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

That's my point about the forums you can read other people opinions of them. People who can compare them against other earphones they have.

The cx300 are a big step up from stock earphones like iPod buds. The mx460 are also a lot better. The cx500 I've not heard so cant comment. What are you comparing them with out of curiosity and how much were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Bluetonic wrote: »
    How can one tell what the very best cheap ones are though? I presume a lot of people would be fairly ignorant when it comes to sound. I have a pair of CX500s and they are fine without being amazing. On a cost benefit analysis is it really working spending upwards to a few hundred euro on Fi 10 TF10s if your just a common garden users which most people would be?

You should have got a pair in the $99 Amazon sale like I did :cool:

As for your question, there are people who spend a lot of money reviewing budget IEMs. ljokerl and ClieOS, for example. I trust them.

@BostonB : The CX500s are even heavier on bass than the CX300s.

wow.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

BostonB wrote: »
    What are you comparing them with out of curiosity and how much were they?
    Comparing them with bog standard ones that come with a device, so obviously there's where I'm seeing the improvement. I would love to try high end ones for the difference.

The CX500s cost me £21. A bargain alert post here from mymemory I think it was. So for 24 euro (at the time) I think they are good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Baza210 wrote: »
    Hope they work out for you. The Yuin PK family really are the top-dog when it comes to earbuds.

Just a note, they're coming from China so shipping will probably take about two weeks.

They arrived today. Piss all over the CX300s II. Just clearer, better base and no interference.

Thank you, ugly and a bit short in Wire but I am a fan of the PK3s now.
    BostonB wrote: »
    You need to get the fit right. When I had CX300's I found they only fit right, in that I got a good seal, with a set of silicon ear tips from my SE phone. The Sennheiser tips supplied didn't work for me at all.

You need a good seal with IEM's.

PK3s and MX760 seems to be roughly on a par, they don't sound the same, but are of similar quality. Well going by those forums anyway.

Must have been the same for me. Tried all the rbber bits and couldn't get base anything like the PK3s on my CX's. I'd swear they were fake if I hadn't bought them from Mymemory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

just noticed this thread. I have a pair of CX300s from mymemory. I'm very happy with the sound but i'm no audiophile so no doubt there is better out there. But gotta say the I've found the build quality spot on. They continously get knotted in my pocket or stretched and generally just thrown about and they've weathered it brilliantly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

noodler wrote: »
    Must have been the same for me. Tried all the rbber bits and couldn't get base anything like the PK3s on my CX's. I'd swear they were fake if I hadn't bought them from Mymemory.

Getting a seal is a black art IMO. Mine keep breaking when I moved. So could only use them when stationary.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Out of stock and price is now £30.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

noodler wrote: »
    They arrived today. Piss all over the CX300s II. Just clearer, better base and no interference.

Thank you, ugly and a bit short in Wire but I am a fan of the PK3s now.

Glad you enjoy them!

Advertisement