Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i legally force UPC to upgrade my housing estate for broadband

• 23-09-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I live in Blanchardstown within a housing estate that is surrounded by other estates that have been upgraded to avail of upc's multiple services. We are unable to avail of upc's broadband or telephony service because the capacity on their nearest HUB's are full & additional fibre would need to be installed for us to be able to buy their additional services.
    As an existing customer, do i have any legal rights that can force upc to install these additional fibres required for me and my neighbours to get b/b and phone service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

No, they're not legally obliged to provide you with a service and they don't claim 100% availability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

r*oc wrote: »
    As an existing customer, do i have any legal rights that can force upc to install these additional fibres required for me and my neighbours to get b/b and phone service?

LOL :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Jeez I wish we could, there's just 2 streets (inc mine) in my estate who can't get it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Are your estates public ( taken in charge) or private ??

If private have you discussed this with the Management Company who legally own any duct that is under the street including the ones with 'eircom' hatches .

I have personally run fibre through ducts with eircom hatches before because I had permission from the landlord who owned all these streets and pavements and who had installed the ducts .

Advertisement