Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMPORTANT! Best vegetarian sausages EVAR!

• 23-09-2009 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Bought them on a whim from the health shop in the George's Street Market, did them one night as a quick snack.

GLARRRRRGH!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

They actually taste like real sausages! I'm munching through a plate of them right now and there's a party in my mouth.

Sage and Marjoram sausages. Get them now. But leave some for me or I'll hunt you down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

are these the redwood sausages?! mmmm :) i have meat eater friends who love these :D i myself really like the vegetarian choice sausages too :)

LOL

I stocked up these today, and the girl asked me if they were nice.
    And I'm like yeaaNNOO NO NO! They are horrible! Leave them all for me!

I don't think they are very meat like, just tastey.
    They are a great addition to pasta dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Missiechan wrote: »
    They actually taste like real sausages! I'm munching through a plate of them right now and there's a party in my mouth.

Sage and Marjoram sausages. Get them now. But leave some for me or I'll hunt you down.

There's a party in my pants. I must try these intriguing items, I've never found any veggie saussies I liked since sosmix. I miss sosmix.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i think these better than sosmix, mmm.

sosmix burgers were fantastic though, yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

There's a party in my pants. I must try these intriguing items, I've never found any veggie saussies I liked since sosmix. I miss sosmix.
    i think these better than sosmix, mmm.

sosmix burgers were fantastic though, yum!

There's a Granose Linconshire Sausage mix available in a lot of shops (Holland & Barrett definitely) and it's very close. Very.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

are they vegan?

The redwood sausages are. Their entire range is vegan (i'm vegan, so i've noticed these things!). Same with the ready mix packs in H+B (being vegan). Check out: http://www.redwoodfoods.co.uk/products/vegideli/index.php

I recommend Oregano and Basil sausages ;)
    vegideli_oregano_basil.jpg

Oh that range is good, I've not tried the sausages though! I've tried the chicken pieces and they are GORGEOUS:

http://www.redwoodfoods.co.uk/products/product.php?productid=8

I've been looking for some sausages though. My mum used to make "Glamorgan Sausages" for me as a kid and they are vegetarian and gorgeous, but are not vegan. I suppose I could try finding an egg replacement - do you know a good one? And a cheese replacement? I tried vegan cheese years ago but it was horrible, I know it's probably improved since but I've been put off buying it! If I could find good replacements I would probably try making Glamorgan Sausages.

to replace eggs in a recipe i use:
    http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/detail/316644b.jpg
    but there are many other replacers you can use. i fear the vegan cheese story is probably not an improvement. Cheezley super melting mozzarella is the best of the bunch.
    http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/detail/412345b.jpg

edit: just removed the tags...

to replace eggs in a recipe i use:
    316644b.jpg
    but there are many other replacers you can use. i fear the vegan cheese story is probably not an improvement. Cheezley super melting mozzarella is the best of the bunch.
    412345b.jpg

Erm.... you never said what you use to replace eggs, I think you forgot to add a link, maybe? LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Think it is a cliff hanger to keep us interested.

..................................... oh, the suspense....................................:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Erm.... you never said what you use to replace eggs, I think you forgot to add a link, maybe? LOL.

Rofl!

She uses No Egg:
    http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/316644_Orgran_No_Egg_200g__equal_to_66_eggs_.html

the links didn't come up!! they worked yesterday :P

thank you for that No Egg recommendation! I am going to try locate some here and tell you how my no cheese and no egg Glamorgan sausages turn out!

Here's a recipe for all the vegetarians out there. I will try modify one and put up a vegan one maybe next week?

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/512915

I think it could work with soya milk, soya margerine and egg replacement. Not sure what to do about the cheese though. But I don't particularly like the taste of cheese anyway, so maybe I could just leave that out. It's the whole breadcrumbs, thyme, parsley, mustard and onion thing that appeals to me rather than the cheese. They go lovely and crispy on the outsides, like stuffing!

Advertisement