Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jemmy in the freezer

Options
  • 23-09-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I have a bottle of Jemmy, its been opened and is about half empty. Would it be ok if I put it in the freezer over night?

I know this thread has already been done a few times over, but the search function is down :o

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yes, but why? Don't you like the taste of whiskey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

I actually dont mind the taste of it, its the others that are whining about it :)

cheers for the answer, I was thinking that because it was opened, the the air would expand and the bottle would crack :o

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

If it was stollies then I could understand, good vodak belongs in the freezer, period! but whiskey???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

They cant stand spirits of any kind, Iv tried introducing people to GOOD whiskeys, vodkas and so on, the end result is always the same *blegh mix it with something!* face.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    *blegh mix it with something!*
    Get in a supply of Fat Frogs for them and save the real drink for the grown-ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I actually dont mind the taste of it, its the others that are whining about it :)

cheers for the answer, I was thinking that because it was opened, the the air would expand and the bottle would crack :o

Air contracts when it is cooled. If it was full, it would be more dangerous, because water, the main constituent of whiskey, expands either side of 4 deg C.

The alcohol will stop it from freezing, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

They cant stand spirits of any kind, Iv tried introducing people to GOOD whiskeys, vodkas and so on, the end result is always the same *blegh mix it with something!* face.
    Give up then. If they're not into they're not into it. You can't make them like it.

Advertisement