Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Focus Radio Code

• 23-09-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I am looking for code for my car stereo M315740. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have the unlock prog at home. will look later, but in the mean time, pull out your ashtray. It may be underneath it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I have the unlock prog at home. will look later, but in the mean time, pull out your ashtray. It may be underneath it.

Yeah, or in the glove box or top/side of radio. But to save you the bother of all that your code is: 1437.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ellisplatt

Hal1 wrote: »
    Yeah, or in the glove box or top/side of radio. But to save you the bother of all that your code is: 1437.

can you help me find my lost radio code for a focus serial number m258967. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

ellisplatt wrote: »
    can you help me find my lost radio code for a focus serial number m258967. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Lillyrose2012

Can anyone help me get a radio code for my focus. Serial nbr V039532. Spent last month in silence and I cant take it anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I've posted this a few times before, it's a freeware program for generating Ford radio codes. The link contains 2 code generator programs, one for units with A,L and C serials and another program specific for the M series.

To get your serial number simply turn on the radio, hold down button 6 and press 2, the serial will then be shown.

Hi Nutzz, I did that and the only code that came up that made any sense was V039532. I see on previous Q&A's most codes start with M but i've noticed a few that mention starting with V, as mine does

no problem - thanks for replying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RapidFire

Hi :) .. I wonder could I get the unlock code for radio for my 05 Focus:

Serial is M135425

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I've posted this a few times before, it's a freeware program for generating Ford radio codes. The link contains 2 code generator programs, one for units with A,L and C serials and another program specific for the M series.

To get your serial number simply turn on the radio, hold down button 6 and press 2, the serial will then be shown.
    Hiya!, I'm driving in silence with nothing put the sound of my broken wiper blade to keep me company and need an unlock code, however this link u posted I think is dead :(. Would it be possible to get the unlock code for M135425 from you please??
    If you can help it would be super!, thanks...

RapidFire wrote: »
    Hiya!, I'm driving in silence with nothing put the sound of my broken wiper blade to keep me company and need an unlock code, however this link u posted I think is dead :(. Would it be possible to get the unlock code for M135425 from you please??

Thank you so much !.. Yaaah :)

RapidFire wrote: »
    Got it thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leelad33

Hi I'm looking for the code for my ford focus
    I don't have acess to a computer only I phone so can't download programmes
    My serial number is m190540

Can anyone help urgently please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Leelad33 wrote: »

5081;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leelad33

mondeoman2 wrote: »
    Leelad33 wrote: »

5081;)

Thks m8

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

Hi

I can't seem to download the rapidshare programme - I'm looking for a radio code for a 03 new model Fiesta 4500 RDS EON Serial No M113335. Can anyone help or is there another link that can be downloaded for future use?

Many thanks

oregano wrote: »
    Hi

I can't seem to download the rapidshare programme - I'm looking for a radio code for a 03 new model Fiesta 4500 RDS EON Serial No M113335. Can anyone help or is there another link that can be downloaded for future use?

Many thanks

6229;)

Hi

Many thanks

6229;)
    I shall try it in the morning, thanks a mill mr mondeo man

• Advertisement

Hi

Many thanks

6229;)
    I shall try it in the morning, thanks a mill mr mondeo man

6229 was correct, thanks again

6229 was correct, thanks again

No Problem At All:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

Hi Mondeoman2,

If you (or someone else) could get me the code for M156372 I'd really appreciate it.

Jim.

jimogr wrote: »
    Hi Mondeoman2,

If you (or someone else) could get me the code for M156372 I'd really appreciate it.

Jim.

7132;)

7132;)

Thank you - that worked :)

For anyone who needs to get their serial number after removing the battery (i.e. when its asking for the code and holding 6 while pressing 2 won't work.), what I did may help.

You need to remove the radio.

There are tools you can buy for this but this worked perfectly, I cut the two ends off a wire clothes hanger to make two "tools" like this. I kept them fairly short which prevented it from bending too much when force applied to remove the radio.

fordradio1.JPG

You then insert the tools into the four holes - make sure its pushed fully in, then push the tools towards the doors (outwards) jiggle around a bit and the radio should then pull forward.

fordradio2.JPG

The serial number is on a sticker on the top.

I also found this software which will find the code and give mondeoman a break ;)

http://www.freefordradiocode.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tontoirl

In the same boat. Had to take out the stereo to take out coins my children kindly put in.
    03 Focus. S/N: M693758
    Big thanks in advance.

edit:
    I got it
    I downloaded a code generator from here (as per post above)
    For the M series stereos: http://www.freefordradiocode.co.uk/content/fordmseries.zip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭plhealy2000

Could someone get me a code please. Serial number M074364. Thanks.

Could someone get me a code please. Serial number M074364. Thanks.

2044:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 bigglesthwaite

Hello,
    Can someone help please?
    I am looking for the code for a Ford Focus radio - serial M230208
    I would be most grateful for your help.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mark

Hello,
    Can someone help please?
    I am looking for the code for a Ford Focus radio - serial M230208
    I would be most grateful for your help.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bigglesthwaite

magic! thank you so much!

Now if I can only figure out how to get radio tuning in again -- just hear static.

And how to get the key fob working again (tried seting to position II 4 times but no luck).

If any one out how has a solution, it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 joeyturbo

Alright lads, by any chance can someone get the code for this M480269? just swaped batterys an its knocked out the radio and i cant seem to find the code..

joeyturbo wrote: »
    Alright lads, by any chance can someone get the code for this M480269? just swaped batterys an its knocked out the radio and i cant seem to find the code..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 joeyturbo

thanks ever so much. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 rem777

Hi all. I'm new here, and can somebody help me please, I changed the battery and lost code for radio.Serial no V153588 thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rem777

Sorry I forgot to mention make its for ford focus mk2.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cardiffcolin

Hi - need a code for Ford Focus radio M121829

The code on my documentation has failed 5 times so I guess it's not the appropriate one for that radio.

Thanks in anticipation ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Hi - need a code for Ford Focus radio M121829

The code on my documentation has failed 5 times so I guess it's not the appropriate one for that radio.

Thanks in anticipation ...

8915 is the code I'm getting, hopefully that's different to what you have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

rem777 wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm new here, and can somebody help me please, I changed the battery and lost code for radio.Serial no V153588 thank you in advance.

the V series is more difficult to get the code for, unlike the M series which is easy peasy

If you have a mate working in a Ford Main Dealers he should be able to get it for you, if not, go on eBay and you will get it for around €5, it will be emailed to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

And how to get the key fob working again (tried seting to position II 4 times but no luck).

If any one out how has a solution, it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Mark

Id like to know this aswell. I tried that trick with turning ignition from I to II 4 times but nothing happens. If anyone around Dublin knows how to program the keyfob, i'd be willing to pay for their efforts!!

ION08 wrote: »
    Id like to know this aswell. I tried that trick with turning ignition from I to II 4 times but nothing happens. If anyone around Dublin knows how to program the keyfob, i'd be willing to pay for their efforts!!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Radio Frequency Programming Instructions:[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Radio Frequency Programming Instructions:[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.[/FONT]

Thanks. I tried that but it doesnt work. It doesnt seem to be going into learn mode as the LED doesnt come on

Thanks. I tried that but it doesnt work. It doesnt seem to be going into learn mode as the LED doesnt come on

What car you trying this on??

What car you trying this on??

Focus mk1 (facelift) 1.8tdci

Radio Frequency Programming Instructions:
    Close all doors & fasten seat belts(front i presume?)
    • Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.
    • Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 10 seconds
    • During the 10 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by a chime
    • Wait until learn mode times out or switch the ignition back to ON.

Try that please:)

Radio Frequency Programming Instructions:
    Close all doors & fasten seat belts(front i presume?)
    • Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.
    • Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 10 seconds
    • During the 10 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by a chime
    • Wait until learn mode times out or switch the ignition back to ON.

Try that please:)

Thanks a lot for this mondeo man. I appreciate you trying to help.

Still cant get it to work but this at least seems to be doing something:

After i turn from II to 0 four times within 3 seconds the LED begins to flash rapidly, however if i take the key out if the ignition it goes off and when i press a button nothing happens.

Any other suggestions? Ford said id have to book it in with them as if it were some huge job to do and im sure an auto locksmith would charge over the odds for twiddling the key a few times

Ok This is the guide for the mk1 focus

The Battery is ok in the keyfob?

Obtain all keys fitted with remote control.
    Fasten seat belts and close all doors.
    Turn ignition switch from position I to position II 4 times within 6 seconds.
    Turn ignition switch to position I (build date up to- 11/2000).
    Switch ignition OFF (build date after -12/2000 ).
    Programming mode activated for 10 seconds proceed as follows:
    Press and hold lock, unlock or boot release button.
    Wait for acoustic signal (indicates correct programming).
    Repeat above procedure within 10 seconds to program remaining keys.
    To exit programming mode:
    Turn ignition switch to position III or wait 10 seconds.
    Keys can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment.

Ok This is the guide for the mk1 focus

The Battery is ok in the keyfob?

Obtain all keys fitted with remote control.
    Fasten seat belts and close all doors.
    Turn ignition switch from position I to position II 4 times within 6 seconds.
    Turn ignition switch to position I (build date up to- 11/2000).
    Switch ignition OFF (build date after -12/2000 ).
    Programming mode activated for 10 seconds proceed as follows:
    Press and hold lock, unlock or boot release button.
    Wait for acoustic signal (indicates correct programming).
    Repeat above procedure within 10 seconds to program remaining keys.
    To exit programming mode:
    Turn ignition switch to position III or wait 10 seconds.
    Keys can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment.

Yep, battery is the first thing i replaced.

I tried the above method but nothing happens...
    The only method that seems to be doing something is turning from II to 0 four times within a few seconds, the LED then begins to flash rapidly.

I guess I'll have to take it to a locksmith to get it looked at.

I really appreciate you trying to help. Thanks

Yep, battery is the first thing i replaced.

I tried the above method but nothing happens...
    The only method that seems to be doing something is turning from II to 0 four times within a few seconds, the LED then begins to flash rapidly.

I guess I'll have to take it to a locksmith to get it looked at.

I really appreciate you trying to help. Thanks

No Problem,Glad To help,I hope You Get it sorted:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement