Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Boys, Bad Boys

• 23-09-2009 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

have a summons to court tomorrow at 10:30 for an unpaid parking fine that I completely forgot about.

This happened to me about three years ago as well. So I havent the best record with these I know.

Last time I went I remember sitting there all day and then at about 4pm being called to the stand, asked to verify my name, acknowlege the charge only to have the case struck out......I'd fought the law and I'd won apparently?

Anyway, more importantly, there were about 15 cases of unpaid tickets to be heard that day and only about 3 or 4 people showed up. They just had their tickets struck out same as us attendees!

So what to do? Take the day off college to sit on my tobler for the day or just dont bother going and have my name struck off like the others?

Just dont want it to come back and bite me in the ass.

Anyone have much experience here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Don't turn up. Just tell them you couldn't find parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Ask the judge why the government feel the need to gouge the public even more for the 'privilege' of parking at the side of the road (roads which are already being taxed) and why they see fit to hand over the regulation of this to multi-million Euro mercenary companies who's job it is to maliciously extort money from honest, hard working citizens.

Or maybe ask him/her why such resources are being wasted on such trivial matters when other items of business need urgent attention. Say, for example, finding the person responsible for the battering to death of an 82-year-old man in Waterford. But I suppose there's no revenue to be garnered in finding that person so why bother? :rolleyes:

Actually... now that I think about it, just pay your fine and take it like a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

NickNolte wrote: »

Actually... now that I think about it, just pay your fine and take it like a bitch.

I was all rallied up to make a stand against "the man" until the last part........:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

This is the second time this has happened to you. I doubt you'll get away with it. You better turn up and face the music.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ask the judge why the government feel the need to gouge the public even more for the 'privilege' of parking at the side of the road (roads which are already being taxed) and why they see fit to hand over the regulation of this to multi-million Euro mercenary companies who's job it is to maliciously extort money from honest, hard working citizens.

Or maybe ask him/her why such resources are being wasted on such trivial matters when other items of business need urgent attention. Say, for example, finding the person responsible for the battering to death of an 82-year-old man in Waterford. But I suppose there's no revenue to be garnered in finding that person so why bother? :rolleyes:

That's a bit of a lame duck tbh. It's not like they could just take parking attendants and have them doing detective work. And I ****ing hate it when people park in any old place and feel like they have the right to. Parked in a disabled space and not disabled? Get dropped off a tall building. Double yellow line? Get your beamer smashed in. Single yellow line? Get your beamer smashed in. Stop in a no stopping zone, Get your beamer smashed in. Can't go around a roundabout? Get your beamer smashed in. Undertake people? Get your beamer smashed in. Double park blocking other cars off? Get your beamer smashed in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if you get fined say your on the scratcher and you might get away with it or have to pay a very small fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

That's a bit of a lame duck tbh. It's not like they could just take parking attendants and have them doing detective work. And I ****ing hate it when people park in any old place and feel like they have the right to. Parked in a disabled space and not disabled? Get dropped off a tall building. Double yellow line? Get your beamer smashed in. Single yellow line? Get your beamer smashed in. Stop in a no stopping zone, Get your beamer smashed in. Can't go around a roundabout? Get your beamer smashed in. Undertake people? Get your beamer smashed in. Double park blocking other cars off? Get your beamer smashed in.

Oh God...........The Doctor is p1ssed!

Can we keep this one on topic........?

I think I will face the music alright? I certainly dont want to be busted doing 135mph(in my base model Golf.........) on the strip with ANOTHER outstanding violation....

Bit too Miama Vice?

fine is much bigger if you don't show up to court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Or you could pull a Mark Morrison and pay somebody less than the fine to go as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What you gonna do when they come looking for you? Bad boys, bad boys!

Dammit have it stuck in my head :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Kiera wrote: »
    You better turn up and face the music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Still smarting, eh Nick?

nick_nolte.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

WTF are you talking about???

Anyway op, why did your ticket get struck out last time, and all the other tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

Wear a shellsuit and burberry.

They get off of far worse than an unpaid fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Paddling the school canoe without due consideration for others...Oh you'd better believe that'll get your Beamer smahed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Glad I don't drive a beamer... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What you gonna do when they come looking for you? Bad boys, bad boys!

Dammit have it stuck in my head :(

Yeah.
    Great thread title though for a parking fine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

m3llowship wrote: »
    have a summons to court tomorrow at 10:30 for an unpaid parking fine that I completely forgot about.

This happened to me about three years ago as well. So I havent the best record with these I know.

Last time I went I remember sitting there all day and then at about 4pm being called to the stand, asked to verify my name, acknowlege the charge only to have the case struck out......I'd fought the law and I'd won apparently?

Anyway, more importantly, there were about 15 cases of unpaid tickets to be heard that day and only about 3 or 4 people showed up. They just had their tickets struck out same as us attendees!

So what to do? Take the day off college to sit on my tobler for the day or just dont bother going and have my name struck off like the others?

Just dont want it to come back and bite me in the ass.

Anyone have much experience here?
    Dont even dream about not turning up to court! I was in the same position as you in March. I had moved from the address that the fine was sent to, hence i never received it into my hands in the first place. I said as much in court. I got the 60 euro fine and that was it. However, the people who didn't turn up for the summons all had their fines increased to 150 and received 2 penalty points on their licence for being in contempt of court. There is a chance that the same could happen to you. So go just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Do what I did....nothing.
    Didn't bother my ass showing up after numerous demands and every time the fine was increased.
    I think in my absence in court I was fined €150 plus costs to bring it to €180.
    Didn't bother my ass paying that either and 5 years on still haven't heard a thing.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Walk in absolutely dripping in blood, with no wounds on you. They'll be far too preoccupied to fine you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Berkut wrote: »
    Do what I did....nothing.
    Didn't bother my ass showing up after numerous demands and every time the fine was increased.
    I think in my absence in court I was fined €150 plus costs to bring it to €180.
    Didn't bother my ass paying that either and 5 years on still haven't heard a thing.:D

If you ever do get arrested you're shafted.

Advertisement