Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness/Arthurs day!

Options
  • 23-09-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Anything goin on in the stables or hurlers or any pubs/venues in and about ul????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Am I right in thinking 2euro pints?

I'll probably be at the stables for a couple. Then you can find me in a gutter on the way back to Kilmurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

what date is it? trying to figue out if ill be back in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

PeakOutput wrote: »
    what date is it? trying to figue out if ill be back in the country

It's today!

70 free Guinness in the Stables afaik, and pints of Guinness are €2.50 for the night thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Some of my housemates and I were thinking about the Sports Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Peadar87

The stables is a bit dodgy for pints of guinness, tink i might try the hurlers persume its €2.50 everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

The Stabeles have 200 free pints to give away from around 5ish. They are also the only on-campus pub doing the 2.50 Guinness offer too. If you happen to see about 20 lads in black shorts, socks and white t-shirts availing of this kind offer that'd be my crew :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I'll be there at 5-ish, as will Mossin and probably a few other goons. Hired goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Sounds sweet! Now all I need is to drag someone along :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'd love to go, but I gots to work at six! Enjoy it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I'm going to walk in at 5 on the dot and order 200 pints, dump them in the jacks and leave just to piss everyone off :cool:

Mr. K,
    You could drop in for one, it's free ffs! What do you work as that requires you to be completely sober?

• Advertisement

Went in at 5.30, queued, sorry was pushed towards the bar for 45 minutes in order to get two pints.

35 minutes in, this drunk guy came up behind me and basically groped me for the remaining 10 minutes. Never felt so uncomfortable in my life, tried to tell him to **** off but he wouldn't and I couldn't get out either so had to put up with it. :mad:
    Then this nice guy got his pints at the same time as me and he helped me to get out of there cos' drunk guy had both his arms around me. :mad::mad::mad:

But yeah finally got them, good buzz but found out I don't like guinness. Got through a quarter of it :(

Don't feel too bad, I'm at home right now nursing my superdine cos I couldn't be bothered queueing for the lodge. We'll have other nights ;)

I met a big bunch of people in black and white jerseys and shorts that said To Arthur! To Martha! To Parsnips! at about 11.35 outside the Scholars archway.
    Were you in among them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ni ni

Poor Snazzy x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

cson wrote: »
    Don't feel too bad, I'm at home right now nursing my superdine cos I couldn't be bothered queueing for the lodge. We'll have other nights ;)

A wise move.

snazzy wrote: »
    I met a big bunch of people in black and white jerseys and shorts that said To Arthur! To Martha! To Parsnips! at about 11.35 outside the Scholars archway.
    Were you in among them?

Yup I was in there somewhere :D

What was the name on your back?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Ah i saw a load of lads in black jerseys and shorts, thought it was Sligo on tour. :p
    The Stables was ridiculously packed, didnt get my pint of Guiness til half 6! :(
    Found it hilarious though how there was about 20 different 'TO ARTHUR!' cheers because everyone had different times!

snazzy wrote: »
    What was the name on your back?

cson of course! :p

Advertisement