Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty and the Beast!!!

Options
  • 23-09-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭

I love this musical! I have seen it twice, first in the Cork opera house and then in the INEC in Killarney! I loved it! Cried both times.
    I think its jusst brilliant!
    My favourite scene is the Dining room scene!

Anybody agree or disagree with me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The Disney production?
    OMG I loved it I saw it twice last summer in the Olympia.
    Twas so so so fabulous. I love the film anyway, but the production was awesome, I loved all the characters, Gaston was very funny!
    I wish it was back, honestly I'd go every week!

When we saw it the understudy for Mrs Potts was acting as her and she was brilliant - I'm glad she got to do it :)
    The second time I saw it a different lady did the wardrobe and she wasn't as good.

Belle & the Beast were fantastically cast. As were Gaston, Lumier, and the 3 sisters? lol
    Awh I miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I saw the production in the Olypmia last summer - have to say I wasn't all that blown away. Would love to have seen it actually on Broadway or the West End. I was in NY when it was closing over there and my friend wouldn't go to see it - she's very anti anything Disney, views it as "kiddie" and says no outright. Damn her :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Well Im a sucker for anything Disney!!! I love the film, but I was completely blown away by the Stage show. I even bought the soundtrack.
    Gaston was brilliantly done I think. Lumiere and Babbette needed to get a room at one stage! Halarious!!! I would also love to see the Lion King. I saw the one they have at Disney Land in Paris but it was only like a half hour long!
    I love the beast's solo just before the interval. I nearly cried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The amateur rights were released for 14 days and there are at least 5 productions of it coming up in Ireland in the next 9 months...all over the country so you should get a chance to see it again for less money soon.

Advertisement