Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Acrylic Paint.

• 23-09-2009 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Where can I get the cheapest acrylic paint? when I say cheap I mean *cheap*.

Any help is appreciated :) shop/brand names and so on.

cheers :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Inso Maniac

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Where can I get the cheapest acrylic paint? when I say cheap I mean *cheap*.

Any help is appreciated :) shop/brand names and so on.

cheers :D

erm well if your near the clare area..i got my aints in the ennis art shop..and they where on salew till end of october...for 3 euro per gallaria tube...PLUS..he gives you a student discount so for like 10 paints its twenty-somthing euro..^^ i think thats the cheapest youll find so far..and they're reasonably big tubes also!!^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

crap sorry, location wise, Im in North County Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Eh a set of Daler Rowney System 3 acrylics in Easons (huge tubes) for 20 quid!

Give student Discount too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Inso Maniac

oh ha ha!!! i tried!!^^ hope you find them!! how cheap you hoping for??

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Lidl have very cheap acrylic paint on sale this week - or if you can find the brand Reeves in an art shop near you you can get a set of 12 small tubes for about 8.99 - they are cheap but not fantastic quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

Lidl have very cheap acrylic paint on sale this week - or if you can find the brand Reeves in an art shop near you you can get a set of 12 small tubes for about 8.99 - they are cheap but not fantastic quality

Any sign of aldi or Lidl getting in their white paint soon?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dealz and the €2 shops would normally stock them, too. Otherwise try Reads (if they still have their stationery shop downstairs in Nassau Street), too.

New Home wrote: »
    Dealz and the €2 shops would normally stock them, too. Otherwise try Reads (if they still have their stationery shop downstairs in Nassau Street), too.

Thanks, looking for something nearer the 1 lt size.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

horse7 wrote: »
    Thanks, looking for something nearer the 1 lt size.

Apologies, my post was in reply to the OP... Having said that, the places I mentioned might have the litre bottles too.

Someone else mentioned the arts supplies shop off Capel Street in relation to something else, but they probably would have them, too. Otherwise you could try shops that sell paints and wallpapers.

Apologies, my post was in reply to the OP... Having said that, the places I mentioned might have the litre bottles too.

Someone else mentioned the arts supplies shop off Capel Street in relation to something else, but they probably would have them, too. Otherwise you could try shops that sell paints and wallpapers.

My apologies,I should have posted in the DIY section.

• Advertisement

Not at all, that's not what I meant! :) I'm just not sure the "pound" shops would have the larger bottles, that's all. :)

Not at all, that's not what I meant! :) I'm just not sure the "pound" shops would have the larger bottles, that's all. :)

Sorry, it's not sold in bottles rather in tins for painting doors etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Mr. Price sell tubs of acrylic for €6.50 at their outlet in Letterkenny... I don't see it listed on their website though. There are 2 in N Dublin, Coolock and Blanchardstown. You could try ringing them

Advertisement