Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amateur Photographer magazine - Free reflector

• 23-09-2009 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

Theres a free reflector with this weeks AP.
    Got mine in Easons today.
    costs less than €4.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Cool. Is it any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Cool. Is it any use?

My question exactly. Might be worthwhile for the family to buy a magazine and pop it in the mail to me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Haven't used it but looks ok - probably fine if you don't have one, which I didn't. Comes with a handy pouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

What size/colour is the reflector?
    thinking it might be of use for in the home.

light grey, roughly 1m in diameter.
    chevron wrote: »
    What size/colour is the reflector?
    thinking it might be of use for in the home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Thanks for the tip, bullpost! Went out and got mine today.

Noticed you could get a white balancer instead of the reflector... wondering if it would be worth while picking up a white balancer one as well. But i'm not quite sure what it does or how it works :P

Yep - saw that as well and since 99% of the remaining magazines had the balancer I reckoned most of the demand was for the reflector - I had to wade through the bunch to find mine.

I shoot raw so assumed I didn't need it.
    Thanks for the tip, bullpost! Went out and got mine today.

Noticed you could get a white balancer instead of the reflector... wondering if it would be worth while picking up a white balancer one as well. But i'm not quite sure what it does or how it works :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Agreed with the above, I went out and got mine today I picked up the reflector, dont know how useful it will be yet as I havent taken it out however I thought the reflector to be a better choice for me, I edit the colour balance in pp if required whilst doing my usual basic pp, it only takes me a few seconds more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I haven't found a copy yet, although there's only like 3 shops in Sandyford ind est...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

steve06 wrote: »
    I haven't found a copy yet, although there's only like 3 shops in Sandyford ind est...

none of which would sell anything remotely related to photography...the nearest place would be the newsagent in Stillorgan shopping centre

• Advertisement

yea, there's 1 good shop in Bray that I can think of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

huh! i just finally got around to buying reflectors this week.

I got sick of the funny looks i was getting wandering around with a piece of cardboard with tinfoil sellotaped to it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I want to learn how to use a reflector.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I want to learn how to use a reflector.

ever used a watch to shine the sun to someones eyes???

pretty much that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

ever used a watch to shine the sun to someones eyes???

pretty much that :)

Haha I have this sudden image of mele in photography class shining the sun into peoples eyes with his giant 1 metre reflector, only to deny everything when the lecturer turns around really quickly and tosses a piece of chalk at his head.

If anyone's interested, there's 1 copy left with a reflector in the gem in Bray, on the quinsbouragh road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I know what a reflector is but a white balancer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

padocon wrote: »
    I know what a reflector is but a white balancer?

Normally it is either a White, or a Grey piece of card which you use in a test shot and adjust your WB accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I picked up the white balance one, looks very handy. Take a shot with it in the Church and thats your white balance done. I already have a tri-grip reflector (which I would recommend too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I bought both... is that a little sad?? :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement