Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco offer?

Options
  • 23-09-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

I wonder what are the chances of Tesco doing a special offer on Fifa 10 when it's released end of next week? They had a good deal going the last few years. I'm not pre-ordering just in case.

Would be very handy for me on the way into work that morning ;).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

hopefully seeing as the one near me is 24 hours it could be released a few hours earlier...i'm not that lucky am i

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

got it in xtravision last year and found out tesco were selling it for €35 when i got home, atleast i got a free football

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Coulda been a once off.Tesco are awful for game prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Soby wrote: »
    Coulda been a once off.Tesco are awful for game prices

They really are! I saw a couple of games in there the other day that were €69.99. Nobody charges those kind of prices anymore....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I hope so. What price will HMV be charging abouts do you guys think, and same for gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

they had a deal on gears 2 limited edition for less than everyone was charging for the regular edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

yeah, im wondering whether or not its worth getting the €30 euro off at gamestop for their pre sale deal with a trade in or holding out for a better 'normal' deal :/

any idea what gamestop are likely to price fifa 10 at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Shzm wrote: »
    yeah, im wondering whether or not its worth getting the €30 euro off at gamestop for their pre sale deal with a trade in or holding out for a better 'normal' deal :/

any idea what gamestop are likely to price fifa 10 at?

As far as I know the price was originally set at €64.99. Was talking to one of the guys in GS in the Sq. and thats the price they were going to set it at. But I can see this being changed to €59.99 as the Xtragame store look like this is going to be their set price. If Tesco do what the've done previously (GTAIV) they might set their limited price on the new release at €39.99 and I'm just watching both Maynooth Extra and Tesco in the Sq. Talked to both managers and they wont say what their opening day price is going to be.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Xtragame in the Square had a great deal last year that if you traded in Fifa08 you got Fifa 09 for €20 I think it was.....I am not sure if they will do it this year though. I went in there last Friday and they were just giving the usual trade in deals!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

£29.71 in UK Tesco.
    photoga7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Ehh thats Fifa 09..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

i suspect that is a piss take cause all the letters above the picture are about daid casss and that case was at sept/oct 08

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

miralize wrote: »
    Ehh thats Fifa 09..

Doh. Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was talking to my cousin last week and he was telling me that HMV in Blanch will be selling the game for 45 euro.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was talking to my cousin last week and he was telling me that HMV in Blanch will be selling the game for 45 euro.

I asked the people over in HMV in dundalk in the dunnes shopping centre and they said it would be €60. was hoping for it to be cheaper, to get the student discount. Do they take game trade ins in the HMV there?

CyberWaste wrote: »
    I asked the people over in HMV in dundalk in the dunnes shopping centre and they said it would be €60. was hoping for it to be cheaper, to get the student discount. Do they take game trade ins in the HMV there?

They should take trade ins. When I was in the HMV on Henry Street last week they were offering the latest Halo game for 32 euro when either Batman or some other game was traded in.

I'm hoping they'll be doing something similar because charging 60 euro is just ridiculous.

Argos will be selling it for 49.99 also btw in case you didn't think of there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

ill be tradin my sega mega drive collection game into gamestop and gettin 30 euro off fifa 10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

ill be tradin my sega mega drive collection game into gamestop and gettin 30 euro off fifa 10 :)

Think ill be doing the same, hopefully itll be a reasonable price to start with though!

Anyone know if you can trade in an xbox 360 game and get the €30 off Fifa 10 on the ps3 or does it have to be for xbox 360?

Also, does Skate 2, or Fifa 09 qualify? Anywhere you can check?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

49.99 in Xtravision with a free football.

Hopefully HMV have it on the cheap and let me use my student card :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

50 in xtra vision and Argos as above
    my local Gamestop has it marked at 55 at the moment
    someone above sayd 60 from HMV at the moment.

Smyths and Game and Tesco - make your move feckers.

I'm hoping Tesco will be cheapest. As someone said before though, they are absolutely shocking at pricing their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

hey went searching for a tesco price could only find word of mouth but its looking promising.. a few workers in the uk saying they believe they're gonna sell it for 28 pount so prob be 35 euro over here..also people have rang the shops and they have said 28pounds as well..

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/491068/fifa-10-tesco-weekend-deal-only-ps3/?page=3

and also here

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_Games_sport_football&message.id=30993

anything sub 40 would be phenomenal imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Gamestop for me..only cause i traded in ODST and pre ordered fifa so 30 euro off:D..Xtra vision have trade in two games and get it free.Its off a list of certain games though of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭Damien360

Harpy wrote: »
    hey went searching for a tesco price could only find word of mouth but its looking promising.. a few workers in the uk saying they believe they're gonna sell it for 28 pount so prob be 35 euro over here..also people have rang the shops and they have said 28pounds as well..

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/491068/fifa-10-tesco-weekend-deal-only-ps3/?page=3

and also here

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_Games_sport_football&message.id=30993

Good stuff. Hopefully they do this for PS3 also. Feckers only did it for Xbox360 last time they sold games cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Smyths will have Fifa 10 on PS3 and Xbox 360 for €49.99 or €44.99 if you have a reward card.

http://www.toys.ie/FIFA-10-PS3-!G10108-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=c757b894-dae8-424f-8eb1-9ccead186d22

Ok so as of now we're at

45 in Smyths
    50 in Xtra-vision (free football)
    50 in Argos
    55 in Gamestop
    60 in HMV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can trade in an xbox 360 game and get the €30 off Fifa 10 on the ps3 or does it have to be for xbox 360?

Also, does Skate 2, or Fifa 09 qualify? Anywhere you can check?
    Once the game is on this list http://www.gamestop.ie/PreOrderOffer.asp i think you can get fifa for any platform u want , im only assuming last nite i gave them my sega mega drive game for ps3 and she asked me did i want fifa 10 for ps3 aswell so id say so yeah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

I thought HMV were selling it for €45?

Advertisement