Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car dilema!!! - Which car

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

yop wrote: »
    In case anyone was interested I got the ST checked out and it turned out to have too many issues which the seller wasn't willing to fix so I am going to pass on this.
    The VRS has been sold according to the garage, though its still advertised :)

So now I have a price agreed on a Mazda 6 MPS, any opinions on these :) Reviews have been very good, one though, will parts be near impossible to get?

Thanks

Sound choice! I had a 3 MPS (same engine) but fwd so with the awd i cant think of a better all round performance saloon for the money that you can pick one up for now. I tried to trade my 3 MPS for one but dealer wasnt dealing so went bmw. As for parts i dont know. As i said its the same engine as the 3 MPS and also the CX7 (i think its called). Service costs are published at mazda garages and seem fairly reasonable (for the 3 mps anyway). Tax a pain but worth it for any good engine imo. Ultimate sleeper and a far better option then the ST/vRS you were thinking off. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

In case anyone was interested I got the ST checked out and it turned out to have too many issues which the seller wasn't willing to fix so I am going to pass on this.
    The VRS has been sold according to the garage, though its still advertised :)

So now I have a price agreed on a Mazda 6 MPS, any opinions on these :) Reviews have been very good, one though, will parts be near impossible to get?

Thanks

Hope you get the 6MPS, it looks a cracking car and its engine was in Wards top ten engines for 3 years in a row!

I have a 3 MPS, parts can be got easily from my local dealer in Dublin, but I would get them delivered from the UK for much cheaper! (only parts needed have been brake pads and discs though!)

I
    So now I have a price agreed on a Mazda 6 MPS, any opinions on these :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055470759&highlight=mazda+3MPS&page=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

so we are all in unanimous agreement on the Mazda! :) I apologise to the lads who mentioned these before earlier in the thread, I "Thought" I knew my cars but didn't realise that these Mazda 6's existed, only driving an RX8.

Believe it or not my insurance is going to be lower on this than the ST, A4 S line or VRS!!!!

I will flake up a few pics when I get it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hope you get the 6MPS, it looks a cracking car and its engine was in Wards top ten engines for 3 years in a row!

I have a 3 MPS, parts can be got easily from my local dealer in Dublin, but I would get them delivered from the UK for much cheaper! (only parts needed have been brake pads and discs though!)

Thanks very much, I might drop you a line when I need to get parts. I usually service my own cars, what you reckon about this, anything special to worry about?

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 6 MPS is a very nice Q car, 260bhp and 4wd. Other than the rear dual exhaust, front grill and larger alloy wheels you would think it was a regular 6.

bazz26 wrote: »
    The 6 MPS is a very nice Q car, 260bhp and 4wd. Other than the rear dual exhaust, front grill and larger alloy wheels you would think it was a regular 6.

Its a weapon for sure Bazz26 (well its a weapon to me anyway and my old 130 bhp A4) :)
    The wife will be delighted that I bought it, especially on our anniversary weekend :D

Whats that song "There maybe trouble ahead" :)

bazz26 wrote: »

Slightly different shapped bonnet as well! (slight "power bulge" to accomodate thte engine!)
    Thanks very much, I might drop you a line when I need to get parts. I usually service my own cars, what you reckon about this, anything special to worry about?

Thanks for your help

Not a bother, PM me when your buyin pads or anything, might get even cheaper for 2!

Nothing out of the ordinary! but if the 6's engine bay is anything like the 3's its awful cramped as there is so much in there!

Does the 6 MPS come with cruise control?

• Advertisement

Slightly different shapped bonnet as well! (slight "power bulge" to accomodate thte engine!)

Not a bother, PM me when your buyin pads or anything, might get even cheaper for 2!

Nothing out of the ordinary! but if the 6's engine bay is anything like the 3's its awful cramped as there is so much in there!

Does the 6 MPS come with cruise control?

Doesnt mention the Cruise Control.

Well I should really not shoot the load too soon as its gone to a garage to be checked out now, so it might turn out to be a tin can yet :) So knowing my luck so far with cars I will end up not getting it!!!!

Doesnt mention the Cruise Control.

Well I should really not shoot the load too soon as its gone to a garage to be checked out now, so it might turn out to be a tin can yet :) So knowing my luck so far with cars I will end up not getting it!!!!

I couldnt see it having any fundamental issues with it as the build quality is high and its relatively new but good luck with it!

Mine didnt come with cruise control, but its easy to retrofit, hery handy for getting better MPG (42 MPG when cruising at 57mph for me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Lovely choice there.

I couldnt see it having any fundamental issues with it as the build quality is high and its relatively new but good luck with it!

Mine didnt come with cruise control, but its easy to retrofit, hery handy for getting better MPG (42 MPG when cruising at 57mph for me)

Thats some difference as the Mazda 6MPS only get combined of 28 mpg.

The bank came up with the readies anyway so just waiting for garage to give me the nod and the NCT to be passed and I will head off down for it.

Any good enthusiasts sites for them 3 or 6 MPS that you use?

Im constantly lurking on here , there is another MPS focused website but its a bit sh!ite as all the useful MPS owning posters seem to stay on the mazda3 forum. I havent been on the 6 forum.

By the way, when gathering info, the MPS range is called the mazdaspeed range in the US, so very useful to know when looking for any tips, mods, problems etc as there are more owner over there!

I think my combined cycle in the books is about 27/28, but 42 can be achieved (as can 1.8mpg!! on full acceleration in 2nd!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Much more appealing proposition than the VRS or ST. Best of luck with it and make sure to ut a few pictures up when you get it:D

• Advertisement

EPM wrote: »
    Much more appealing proposition than the VRS or ST. Best of luck with it and make sure to ut a few pictures up when you get it:D

Thanks Chief, I will do :)

Well I picked up the car there yesterday. Some fun!!!! :)

Got it in Limerick there for 9600. Its a Dec 2005 registered, dark grey.
    44k miles
    NCT until Dec 2012
    2 new front tires
    Next service at 49000 miles

Wont comment on mpg yet due to the fun factor! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Well I picked up the car there yesterday. Some fun!!!! :)

Got it in Limerick there for 9600. Its a Dec 2005 registered, dark grey.
    44k miles
    NCT until Dec 2012
    2 new front tires
    Next service at 49000 miles

Wont comment on mpg yet due to the fun factor! :)

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

I will get a few up one of the days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

What did you get in the end?

• Advertisement

Sorry got the Mazda 6 MPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Can't believe you got all that for so little. Bargain sleeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Sorry got the Mazda 6 MPS.

Very nice car, good luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

At a guess, I'd say this is it!
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1006763

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Tea 1000 wrote: »

I think I know what my next car is gonna be :D

Tea 1000 wrote: »

Thats it ya, I didn't link to it as I thought he would have marked it as sold and the link would be broke.

No need for pics anyway :):D

jackncoke wrote: »
    I think I know what my next car is gonna be :D

lol, I will give you a shout when I am selling it ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Lovely car. Understated but powerful. Best of luck with it :D

Lovely car. Understated but powerful. Best of luck with it :D

thanks

Based on this I did anyway :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1010521

Advertisement