Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur Guinness Day!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Terry wrote: »
    I was joking. I actually know who you are, the url of you and your partner's website, where you live, the names of your children and a bit more.
    Really. I do.

Who are you, Biggins?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Must try and get a pint or two in tomorrow then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yeah but like, where's the cheap bavaria at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yeah but like, where's the cheap bavaria at?
    I seriously dont get what the student fascination with Bavaria is? Its an inferior beer to Prazsky, Tuborg and Harp, similar 6 packs that sell at the same price, yet many folk put Bavaria up on a pedistal as the best thing since sliced bread. Its got a nasty sharp almost bitter aftertaste that screams of cheapness. I just dont get it!

grenache wrote: »
    I seriously dont get what the student fascination with Bavaria is? Its an inferior beer to Prazsky, Tuborg and Harp, similar 6 packs that sell at the same price, yet many folk put Bavaria up on a pedistal as the best thing since sliced bread. Its got a nasty sharp almost bitter aftertaste that screams of cheapness. I just dont get it!

I know, it's manky but 6 cans for 2.39? Bring on the nasty aftertaste, the cheap, cheap nasty ass aftertaste! And I don't know many people who drink it. And Harp? HARP?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I just know they sell 10 bavarias for 9.99 in my local shop lol

I know, it's manky but 6 cans for 2.39? Bring on the nasty aftertaste, the cheap, cheap nasty ass aftertaste! And I don't know many people who drink it. And Harp? HARP?!
    yes Harp! Its not fantastic but its a whole lot better than Bavaria! Where are you getting six cans for ?2.39? That seems overly cheap. A six pack is ?7.99 where i work. Mind you, I wouldn't drink it if you gave me a six pack for free :p

grenache wrote: »
    yes Harp! Its not fantastic but its a whole lot better than Bavaria! Where are you getting six cans for ?2.39? That seems overly cheap. A six pack is ?7.99 where i work. Mind you, I wouldn't drink it if you gave me a six pack for free :p

hang on now...
    Ah sure it's Thursday so might as well. I'm just passing time until Bavaria day though. Gonna be 6 cans for 2.39

that bavaria! And I'm not giving it to you :P

So this off licence thats selling Bavaria at 6 for 2.39, its in the sky with Arthur?

That's what I'm trying to find out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Im definately celabrating LLamas.
    To LLamas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I drink Guinness every Thursday. Today will be no different except there will be a heap of dicks with pints of Guinness in their hands pretending to like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

Happy Arthur's Day to all.

I got home at 8 this morning from night shift and unfortunately I am back in tonight so cannot join in the 17:59 fun, so instead I cracked open a can of Guinness and made a bacon sandwhich and to use an americanism it was awesome. I am now on the second can, I have to say thay being awake for the last 25 hours and now drinking even just this little bit is super, my legs have gone to sleep so when I stand up I nearly fall over.
    Cheers Arthur.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Insurgent wrote: »
    I drink Guinness every Thursday. Today will be no different except there will be a heap of dicks with pints of Guinness in their hands pretending to like it!

Brilliant advertising by Guinness then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Disappointed that it's on the 24th considering how many people get paid on the 25th!

Thought the marketing department would have done their homework on this one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Disappointed that it's on the 24th considering how many people get paid on the 25th!

Thought the marketing department would have done their homework on this one ;)

yes, the marketing department are going to move the day to the 25th even though it was the 24th of September he signed the lease.

I don't see what the big deal is. if you like guinness, go have a pint. if you don't, don't.

I'll be having one.

Still won't get my broke ass paid any quicker!

Give me a lend of 80 quid and I'll pay you back tomorrow, could murder a pint...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

smoochie06 wrote: »
    Brilliant advertising by Guinness then.

I agree but if it was a Budweiser day I still wouldn't drink it!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I too have been looking forward to this day for months. Every time the ad came on telly I got very excited.

The day we never have to see that annoying ad is upon us at last. Thanks be to jebus. Guinness is horrible stuff anyways, and I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to bands I've never heard of for the most part, to celebrate a drink I can stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

where can you get 6 cans for 2.39?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Still won't get my broke ass paid any quicker!

Give me a lend of 80 quid and I'll pay you back tomorrow, could murder a pint...

80 quid!!!! Where the hell are you going for this pint?

nibtrix wrote: »
    80 quid!!!! Where the hell are you going for this pint?

Dawson Street ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Johnny Drama.

Pint of the finest in the Lakes Bar Blessington all day for €3.00

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Iggy Pop

Arthur Guinness day.............Fcuking load of bollix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

brummytom wrote: »
    the Teddy Bears' have their picnic?

Hahaha. You've cheered me up from the fact I'm SKINT and can't go out tonight, and you've genuinly made me giggle. (Which is rare for AH)

I commend you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

I'm on the Murphy's for the day.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

5starpool wrote: »
    I too have been looking forward to this day for months. Every time the ad came on telly I got very excited.

The day we never have to see that annoying ad is upon us at last. Thanks be to jebus. Guinness is horrible stuff anyways, and I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to bands I've never heard of for the most part, to celebrate a drink I can stand.

i cant see the problem??:pac:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Guinness is horrible.

Screw Arthur!

Advertisement