Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur Guinness Day!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I feel like I missed some brainwashing event somewhere...

People are walking the streets aggressively shouting 'To Arthur!' at each other with the same vigour you'd expect someone to shout 'Heil Hitler!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

People are walking the streets aggressively shouting 'To Arthur!' at each other with the same vigour you'd expect someone to shout 'Heil Hitler!'

Sure it wont happen again for a long time!Was in the pub today and it had a christmas feel about it,everybody was in great form and its one of the best nights in the pub I had for a long time.

Nothing wrong with a bit of drink-induced happiness!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Ah now, in fairness it is described as a blonde in a black skirt, back in the day so I've heard.:pac:

I'd say they could easily make it a yearly thing. We don't need much excuse for a piss up...

I'm just bitter because I'm on antibiotics at the moment....

Don't Jack Daniel's do Jacks birthday every year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I only hope this isnt a regular thing.

The prospect of 16 year old girls sticking their bare crotches out of a taxi window and screaming to Martha at the top of their voices doesnt appeal to me.

Now, i'll say that I love Guinness. We may as well just make St Patricks day a 6 monthly event

• Advertisement

I'm just bitter because I'm on antibiotics at the moment....

Do Guinness do bitter?:pac:

I remember Breó... it tasted like an ashtray.

I remember Breó... it tasted like an ashtray.

I've never heard of it.

What is it?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Well I'm in San Francisco for the week working and I can tell you that at lunchtime today Foley's bar on O'Farrell street were gearing up for Arthur's Day. They have 'Guinness 250 on tap' and have loads of the usual marketing crap (T-shirts, fridge magnets, special 250 glasses etc) ready for tonight.

I spent over 2 hours there at lunchtime talking to the manager (from Fermoy) and barman (from Donegal), and they're looking forward to it :)

If I'm sober...ish later on I'll log in and let you know how it went over here :D

Ha! Foley's in san fran. nearly laughed my ass off when i heard this was an irish bar after i was there, we got cut off after our 5th pint for
    being too drunk. wonder what arthur's day celebrations are like today?

I've never heard of it.

What is it?:pac:

It was like Guinness... only white!

It was a horror!

• Advertisement

It was like Guinness... only white!

It was a horror!

I know it :eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ha! Foley's in san fran. nearly laughed my ass off when i heard this was an irish bar after i was there, we got cut off after our 5th pint for
    being too drunk. wonder what arthur's day celebrations are like today?

Hmmm, me thinks you must have been rowdy or they just used that as an excuse to kick you out! ;)
    I had three pints there yesterday with no sign of them cutting me off at any stage and today I got my second pint on the house at lunchtime courtesy of the manager :) Happy days :)

To Arthur!

Had a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Great night, got tickets to Tripod so that was pretty slick. Calvin Harris and Republic of Loose were class and well the surprise act of Kelly Rowland was deadly, surprisely a great live act.

Then ended up down on the street party type thing down on South William St with a few mates, that was some craic and then made our way home, never seen so many ambulances going to and from town, truly shocking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i not drinking a mouthful of the shoyte just cause its his 250 anniversary

i wouldn't touch it even if arthur himself died

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

Got a lock in with the bar staff. Sound bunch. Drank shots with the barmaid until the wee hours. Poor girl was dying with a cold but didn't stop her having the craic. Great night. Was well into double figures by the time i left

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Great night in the Brazen Head, in Dublin. Tom Jones turned up and did a few hits! The High Kings came on next and got everyone singing again. Great idea, excellent marketing, not an expensive night, clever fund to set up in honour of one of the countries finest Entrepreneurs! Some crappy singer song writer came on next so I moved on. Town was buzzing, good atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Cork_Rebel

And here's to rip off Ireland ready to hit back at a moments notice.

Normal Thurs Night Dicey Riley pints = 3 euro

Last Night pints = 4.80 > 6 Euro

Short term gain at the loss of long term regular customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Was in MacTurcells, pints were €3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I hope you all stocked up on Domestos and Harpic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

To the jacks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

id be more afraid of the guninness farts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Had both already, im sure the cleaners in work are loving this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

IBFB...

In Before FluterinBantam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

South william, pints were 4.80ish (cant remember exactly :P)

Sham considering the word that bars got free kegs off Guinness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Had both already, im sure the cleaners in work are loving this day.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

The pubs did get free kegs. my local went from the normal price of 3.80 to 4.50 just for the occasion. scum

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Somehow managed to wangle tickets to the Guinness Hopstore, all the psuedo-celebs were there. Free guinness and red/white wine and food.
    Saw Tom Jones and Estelle performing. Then went to The Church, Kasabian played and then.....it all gets a bit blurry after that

Great night :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

It was just another Paddy's day. Teenage girls sticking their bare a*ses out taxi windows and the like.

Advertisement