Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The other Italian in Tuam

Options
  • 23-09-2009 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the other Italian in Tuam called La Vissuta (a name that will definitely catch on). They transformed The Snug pub and made it into this restaurant. Little Italy is booked out this weekend so was wondering if this place is worth a go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fieldsofathenry

Yes i have tried la vissuta, i must say i was very impressed. The decor is fab - not your typical rustic italian but more like the likes of milano's. I loved their pepperoni pizza and also tried their penne polo and it was yum. My husband loved the fact that he could have a pint with our meal! They must have kept their bar licence from the pub. I must say i did enjoy little italy but i prefer the ambience and decor of la vissuta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 edgewalker

Locally referred to as "Oneillio's" so I hear....good one! Have heard excellent reports about mountains of food at keen prices and a great feel about the place. Must give it a try next weekend with 2 discerning diners...my kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 footmaster

Hi there all concerned diners!!,

Ive had the great pleasure of dining in both restaurants and there fab!!,
    Great praise to all concerned.
    Yes "little Italys" has that beautiful rustic italian look and also the charm!!, more suited to the casual diner perhaps and its also a great hit with my kids, no problem here getting them to clear their plates!!! it also has a great wine list to choose from when you've not got the kids.
    but remember to book your table as you may be dissappointed, its booked out quiet alot of the time.
    The other Italian restaurant, it was once the "Snug", just cant think of its name?? sorry.
    is also proving to be a great success,a more modern feeling to this restaurant, I havent brought the kids here, but I can say the food was on par with "little italys".

Both restaurants are in there infancy and yes they'll have teething problems, so give them both a fair chance, they deserve it, especially in this current climate. oh! and by the way the prices are excellent in both. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sham_Lad

With the positive responses, I'll have to give it a try. I thought it had not opened yet as it always looks closed.

Did they open before or after the new one in the tuam shopping centre?

I'll post a comment after trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 footmaster

Hi Sham!,

The 2 restaurants in question opened approx. 3 and 6wks ago, the one in the shopping centre was closed the last time I passed , but maybe theres a new one??

• Advertisement
Advertisement