Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing things your pet has done?

Options
  • 23-09-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

Was walking charlie when he decided to do a nice big poo right outside the church while everyone was coming out of sunday morning mass last week, me being the responsible pet owner had to pick it up in front of crowds of people, got quite a few dirty looks but feel I would have gotten more if I didn't pick it up and somebody stood in it!:D

Also was tacking up a horse in a stable once while I had polo mints in my trouser pocket, this particular horse has quite the nose for polo mints and was nudging my pocket to get at them, when I turned around and bent over to pick something up, he nudged me in the backside and me being the uncordinated fool I am, fell flat on my face. I wasn't laughing at the time but looking back at it now it was quite funny!:D

We all know that our pets have no sense of shame when it comes to embarrassing things!:D And who says that animals don't have a sense of humour!!:rolleyes:

Anybody got anymore embarrassing stories that they'd like to share???:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Our golden retriever is serving a lifetime ban from the local GAA club :D
    It's just one field away from the house.
    The dog was getting a reputation for watching the hurling team training and running in and stealing the sliotar and bringing back to the house. We've quite a selection of sliotars here, must drop them back down the club someday.

About three years ago the GAA club got a new stand from lottery money, it's big deal as we are a tiny parish. The county team and neigbouring county staged an exhibition game, it got on TG4.

Yep, the dog shamed us all and ran onto the pitch. :o
    He's chained up these days when training is on or put on a lead and taken for a walk.

To be fair, it was our fault and the dog should have been kept under control. But this isn't the thread for pointing that out
    Besides I reckon the dog is a better hurler then some of the Junior B team :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Not my pet in this case but as the OP mentioned their church incident I have to repeat this story.

I used to live near a church yard that had a couple of new houses built on the old church land near the grave yard at the side of the church. The house nearest the church had a very bored blank standed poodle and one of his embarasing tricks was to jump over the fence into the grave yard during a burial ceremony and run around barking at the coffin.

I think the last straw was during a wedding when he got out and jumped up at the bride as she was about the enter the church, apart from knocking her over the muddy footprints he left didn't go down very well, after that a new high fence was erected which stopped any further embarasment.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

I was heading home from the shops with my doberman cross one day with her on the lead(she hates the lead but on main rd i always hook her up onto the extendable one ) As i was passing a house out shot a very small jack russel,,my girl took one look at the JR and took off down the hill at full pelt with me trying to hold her back,,needless to say i couldnt hold on , she was petrified and just wanted to be gone,, I was left standing there looking at my BIG dobbie dissappearing into the horision with this little JR yapping after her, I look around and there is a gang of young felows laughing their butts off .. I get home to see her sitting by the door, looking sooo inocent ,,.Dobbies:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

joyce2009 wrote: »
    I was heading home from the shops with my doberman cross one day with her on the lead(she hates the lead but on main rd i always hook her up onto the extendable one ) As i was passing a house out shot a very small jack russel,,my girl took one look at the JR and took off down the hill at full pelt with me trying to hold her back,,needless to say i couldnt hold on , she was petrified and just wanted to be gone,, I was left standing there looking at my BIG dobbie dissappearing into the horision with this little JR yapping after her, I look around and there is a gang of young felows laughing their butts off .. I get home to see her sitting by the door, looking sooo inocent ,,.Dobbies:rolleyes:

I soooo regret not having a camera the day our Yorkie, when I was young, tried picking a fight with a Wolfhound in Marley park :eek:

IWs are big playful yokes & our little fella was running in at him & growling & then nipping back out from under his feet. The Wolfhound hadn't a clue what this little yapping thing was doing.

I nearly wet myself laughing, & the IWs owner was the same way.

When I eventually snagged our fella & picked him up his heart was going like the clappers & his tail was thumping against my chest.

I actually think he thought he'd 'won' the little encounter, & was chuffed with himself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

fishfoodie wrote: »
    I soooo regret not having a camera the day our Yorkie, when I was young, tried picking a fight with a Wolfhound in Marley park :eek:

IWs are big playful yokes & our little fella was running in at him & growling & then nipping back out from under his feet. The Wolfhound hadn't a clue what this little yapping thing was doing.

I nearly wet myself laughing, & the IWs owner was the same way.

When I eventually snagged our fella & picked him up his heart was going like the clappers & his tail was thumping against my chest.

I actually think he thought he'd 'won' the little encounter, & was chuffed with himself :D

That's hilarious! Lmao:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Haha they are all hilarious so far!!
    I just thought of another one, was walking along the beach when charlie started barking at a dog and started making a lot of noise, we pulled him along anyways and done our walk, on the way back there was a camper parked at the entrance with a woman and a small child sitting beside it, was walking by anyways with my back turned and the little child said ''mammy, thats the noisy dog'' mammy promptly responded ''shhh'', not embarrassing for me but im sure it was for mammy!!

Charlie has also tried to take on a doberman and other big dogs, people generally tend to laugh at him and say ''its always the small ones!''

He also used to hump a cushion in the middle of the garden!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Went over to visit my parents with an unnamed puppy of 12 weeks. After an hour Dad (who had been working in the garden) took off his shoes and changed into his slippers. Unfortunately said puppy had piddled into one of the slippers, and my father's language would have been choice when he put his foot in it if my daughter - then aged 12 - hadn't been there. To his credit, after a lot of choking he stuck to his rules that his granddaughter would never him swear. Red in the face, and hopping on one foot, he look at the pup and uttered the immortal words "You Scamp". 10 years later that's Scamp name, and she and my father adore each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Our vet used to be just up from a bus stop, they have moved since. When we used to come out of the vet one of my dogs in particular used to poo, relief of getting out of the vets. Of course, it was always when there were loads of people waiting for the bus and everyone used to just stare at us trying to pick up the poo and control the dogs at the same time (becuase they couldn't get away from the vets fast enough) :o

I have a Cavalier that has balls of steel, she takes no s**t from any dogs. She scared off a Rottie one day that came at us (frightened the bejesus out of us of course!), has taken on a pitbull cross and won (we were fostering said dog at the time) and generally acts very un-Cavalier like when she gets annoyed. The worst we when we met a Samoyed who took a disliking to one fo my other dogs and went for him - she charged in, bit the Samoyed on the leg and drew blood. He yelped and legged it behind his owner. I was mortofied, the owner of the Samoyed didn't seem to mind too much and was cool about it but because they are white the blood was so obvious on his leg. All from a Cavalier! She's great with people and usually fine with other dogs (plays the ignoring card) but she lays down the law when they overstep their mark. When I told my OH he thought it was very funny, and looking back it kind of is, but at the time I was a tomato face!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I was at the Digital Hub (near Guinness Brewery) to appear on a TV show with my iguana. Another lady there said to me "can I hold your little man?" I gave him to her to hold whilst I went to the bathroom.

I came back to find he'd also gone to the bathroom (I'd been stuffing him with grapes earlier whilst we were waiting)...

...on her white top.

She had to appear on the show with an iguana poo stain on her top.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

my german shepard used to get an erection and try to mount me when i was leaving for school

a guy i went to school with saw it one day and was amused

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 siobhan.m

I was walking my dog on the beach, past some people who were sitting facing the sea. He was off the lead and decided to go to the toilet...and cocked his leg against one of the women's backs. The poor woman was soaking wet and not very happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sativa_soul

When we first moved out to the country my dog totally loved his new found freedom. The neighborhood is filled with dogs, so he moved into the pack very easily and they had a great time - their main hangout spot was in my neighbours front garden which was fine with me (and them!) he was within sight and having fun and would sleep to beat the band when he'd come home - so it was perfect - until - he started showing up with things he'd 'found' - which was nothing new - no walk was complete without him picking up a bottle or a crip packet or anything he came across he'd call his and finish the walk with - so this continued when we moved out into the country and he got freedom - he'd come back with string from the farm below - or an old bit of black plastic from somewhere - but - in his own garden in Dublin City - he'd never encountered a washing line - oh what fun! - not only could you jump up and grab at things in the breeze - but eventually - they snap off the line and they're all yours!! Prize! He showed up the first day with a lovely pair of sexy red knickers - and the next day - while not matching - but equally sexy - a pink floral bra - and seeing as I'm a single female on my own - I couldn't think of any way to return the items without total weirdo humiliation descending upon our new house - lol - so I just put them in the bin and life went on - I got him out of the habit of going to their back garden where the line is - lol - so we've had no further incidents since the first two thankfully!!

Oh the shame!!

Also - while visiting a friends house once for a party he's never done this before or since - he raided their bathroom bin and went on a streaker through the house with a used feminine product in his mouth - again - has never been repeated since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hunterpetz

i had a very important meeting in court representing a client in a tribunal hearing for unlawful conviction & decided to cuddle my guinea pig when HE DECIDED to pee all down my frilled shirt front. it didn't stain luckily enough but left a smell on me.

funny though - everyone i met genuinely thought it was a new perfume i was using LOL goes to show that some purfume do smell like piss. LOL :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 berri_satine

siobhan.m wrote: »
    I was walking my dog on the beach, past some people who were sitting facing the sea. He was off the lead and decided to go to the toilet...and cocked his leg against one of the women's backs. The poor woman was soaking wet and not very happy!

Oh god I know how this feels! Was on the beach aswell. My terrier decided to cock the leg on a child's sandbucket and then again on a womans bag! :eek:
    Mortified is not a strong enough word for what I felt!! Its so hard to know what to do in that kind of situation!

On a separate occasion, on the same beach on a packed summer day, 3 teenagers were lying on the sand eating their sandwiches, and Henry goes over, turns around so his bum is pointing at them, and decides to do a big poo right in front of them!

Dont think they ate their sandwiches after that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

when my now wife was just 'the new girlfriend' we went to visit my parents for the weekend so they could meet my new love interest. She has two little dachshunds (now part of the family) that came along.

Within 5 minutes of arriving one dog left a steaming pile on my parents new white carpet and the other one left several yellow stains on the same carpet.

Wife was mortified, my mother was surprisingly great about it. I just laughed (and cleaned it up)

Advertisement