Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB's AT Topaz

• 23-09-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi all,

has anybody been in the topaz filling station near the roundabout
    to the Limerick road?
    It has a BB'S coffee & muffin counter in the Topaz shop and when
    you get your paper and coffee you have to pay seperately as it's
    two seperate businesses in the one small space,
    Got a regular cappachino there today and it cost me e2.75...
    am i right in thinking this is a complete and utter rip off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

What a coincidence. I was just talking about this with my friends.
    We went their for lunch one day last week and i went in and looked at the prices! A Fiver for a hot chicken roll from BBs :eek:
    so i just got a chocolate bar for a euro instead :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

There's a BB's in Dunnes Stores now, went in and had a look at the menu on the wall, then walked out again. Ridiculous prices for what you get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

pure disgrace to have to queue twice and pay... i bought a muffin in "bbs" part and a drink in topas part.... pure annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

I too purchased a coffee from BBs Topaz on the way to work last Friday. €2.70 please she says, as I rooted around in my wallet for as many coins to get rid of I could hear my self saying "last time I will ever get a coffee here!".

That applies for any situation nowadays. If shops have the cheek to be charging those kind of amounts, then they will never see my custom again.

Did you know that I experimented less than €2.50 last week, and guess what I got for it? Went into Tesco Coonagh Cross for lunch...

got a:

baguette roll for 38c
    A small portion of coleslaw and salad for €1.35
    2 chicken gougans for 60c

Took a plastic knife and went out to sit in the car, spread out the plastic bag to make a crumb catcher and made up my own roll in the car. And I have to say, great taste... much fresher than subway anyday and it only cost over €2!

Recession buster or what! where is the logic in paying €5 for a stinking 4 day old wet yoke stuffed into a plastic coffin, when you can get fresh for those prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The amount of money I spend on lunch is stupid. I really must start making my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mcloke

Ah yes but during the "good years" people happily paid whatever was asked of them and that is why a coffee is now €2.70 and more in some places...I still find it outrageous that pubs happily charge me up to €5 and beyond for a pint of 7-Up without offering any alternative except that's two small glass bottles!

Businesses need to wake up and realise that they cannot keep charging stupid amounts of money for things and expect us to buy them.

Good for you making your own lunch...I bring my own most of the time and it saves me approx €50 a week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Mcloke wrote: »

Good for you making your own lunch...I bring my own most of the time and it saves me approx €50 a week :)

Its so true. You pay atleast €5 average for a canteen lunch or €8 for cavery and most of the time its horrible! Sandwiches are handy and very nutritous in made correctly.

Did you know, that eating sandwiches for lunch is far more healthy than eating full blown dinner? Thats becuase a sandwich does not take the same amount of energy to digest as a dinner, thus avoiding the afternoon slump. Dinner should be ate in the evening time, 4 hours before you hit the hay.

Advertisement