Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(GAMING) It's Finally Out - Bow To The King

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

5850 €347 on Komplett.ie :eek:

WTF they turning into a brick and mortar store !

Peats are selling the 5850 for €239 and the 5870 for €349.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Venom, read the first page of this article - I posted a little image from Komplett... :D

Peats have always had "good days" when they decided to be pretty frickin' competitive. Guess this is one of those days - those are very good prices for bricks-and-mortar :)

That RivaTuner beta points the finger at a botched CCC beta for the OC issues, just as I'd predicted... Deffo getting a HD5850 for my new build... ;)

Oh, and to cap it off: DX11. Something that could easily make CUDA obsolete, given that Microsoft is effectively endorsing and pushing GPGPU regardless of hardware vendor, and due to that programmers will look to that rather than isolate 60%+ of the audience with ATi or Intel solutions... maybe the reason the G300 is delayed is because those anti-competitive twats in nVidia are still crying into their beer? :P

Solitaire wrote: »
    Venom, read the first page of this article - I posted a little image from Komplett... :D

Peats have always had "good days" when they decided to be pretty frickin' competitive. Guess this is one of those days - those are very good prices for bricks-and-mortar :)

That RivaTuner beta points the finger at a botched CCC beta for the OC issues, just as I'd predicted... Deffo getting a HD5850 for my new build... ;)

Oh, and to cap it off: DX11. Something that could easily make CUDA obsolete, given that Microsoft is effectively endorsing and pushing GPGPU regardless of hardware vendor, and due to that programmers will look to that rather than isolate 60%+ of the audience with ATi or Intel solutions... maybe the reason the G300 is delayed is because those anti-competitive twats in nVidia are still crying into their beer? :P

Yeah I saw the price of the 5870 you posted but Komplett have always been pretty good on prices so was kinda shocked to see Peats of all places being so much cheeper than them. gonna be interesting to see what ATI can do driver wise as being a Nvidia user for years Iv always though that ATI drivers were never the best.

Venom wrote: »
    gonna be interesting to see what ATI can do driver wise as being a Nvidia user for years Iv always though that ATI drivers were never the best.

Where've you been for the last few years? :P Dodgy drivers were the catalyst (sic) that made me jump from nVidia to ATi ;)

Solitaire wrote: »
    Where've you been for the last few years? :P Dodgy drivers were the catalyst (sic) that made me jump from nVidia to ATi ;)

Iv been in 8800GT land where its hard to justify a upgrade when the card is just so good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hasuki

Really impressed with ATI at the moment. Great cards and even better prices, and Komplett.ie, LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hasuki

ASUS HD5870 is €568 on komplett.ie:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Shop around and you could get 2 of em for about €680

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Disgraceful pricing by komplett...actually has any1 dropped into the komplett forums here on boards to let them know?

actually it is :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055690760&page=2

Usually I'd be on Bob's side but the excuses are so hilariously flimsy I can't stick up for them at all this time. Guesstimate?! lol.gif Even AMD was putting up official RRPs long before Komplett received stock... :p

Advertisement