Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

♥ ♥ ♥CUPCAKE RECIPE NEEDED!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Options
  • 23-09-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

PLEASE can someone give me an EASY cupcake recipe that they know works?!
    I am going to my boyfriends nephews 1st birthday and want to bring along homemade cupcakes with blue icing :D....but there are SOOOO many recipes that I just don't know which to trust!!!
    THANK YOU sooooo MUCH!!!
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Oh my that's alot of hearts! :)

Simple foolproof fairy cake recipe

Ingredients:
    4oz caster sugar
    4oz butter (not margarine!)
    5oz flour sieved with 1/2 level teaspoon of baking powder
    2 eggs
    1tsp vanilla extract

Put all ingredients in a bowl, cream until smooth. A food processor will also do the job. Spoon into 12 paper cases in a bun tray. Bake for 15 mins in a PREHEATED oven of 190 degrees C. Feel free to double up the recipe!
    ice with your fave buttercream icing, colour as you like.
    (For a chocolate cupcake version of the recipe, use 4oz flour,1oz cocoa and add 1oz ground almonds for fudgy moistness.)
    tips:
    try to fill the cases evenly
    check them in the oven EVERY 5 MINS initially, as every oven is different.
    look up buttercream icing in google, its easy to make.
    only ice buns when they're cool!
    finally, try not to eat them all before the party :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Foolproof....I use the flat version and 3/4 fill the cases so I can flood them with icing afterwards :D

Made cupcake towers from these recipes and they were wolfed down!

For domed cakes:
    150g butter, softened
    150g caster sugar
    3 medium eggs
    150g self-raising flour
    1-2 tablespoons milk

For slightly domed cakes:
    125g butter, softened
    125g caster sugar
    125g self-raising flour
    2 medium eggs
    2 tablespoons milk

For flat cakes which don't fill the cases:
    (if you want to flood icing over the top)
    100g Butter, softened
    100g caster sugar
    100g self-raising flour
    2 medium eggs
    1 tablespoon milk

Set the oven to 190°C/Gas 5.

Beat together the butter and caster sugar until mixture is light and fluffy.

Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding a spoonful of the flour with each egg.

Beat in the remaining flour and milk.

Divide the mixture between the 12 paper cases and bake in the center of the oven. (I usually have oven shelf just below the center of the oven so the cakes are central in the oven).

The domed cakes take 15-20 minutes, the slightly domed cakes take 15-18 minutes and the flat cakes take 12-15 minutes.

Remove the cakes from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.

VARIATIONS:
    Vanilla: Add a few drops vanilla extract to the mixture

Lemon: Add some finely grated lemon rind and substitute lemon juice for the milk in the recipe.

Chocolate: Substitute 20g flour for cocoa powder, and add a few drops vanilla extract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Rosielee

For flat cakes which don't fill the cases:
    (if you want to flood icing over the top)
    100g Butter, softened
    100g caster sugar
    100g self-raising flour
    2 medium eggs
    1 tablespoon milk

Just a quick silly question for a non baker but a serious lover of cupcakes with icing ;) - how far would you fill the case ???

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Rosielee wrote: »
    Just a quick silly question for a non baker but a serious lover of cupcakes with icing ;) - how far would you fill the case ???

Cheers

I'd fill it to just over half...they will rise a little but stay flat so you'll have about half an inch or so to flood the icing into whilst still having a teenchy bit of space to peel back the case when eating. It's not an exact science so don't fret too much over it. If there is a little extra room then there's all the more space for icing :D God I know too much about cupcakes LOL!

Advertisement