Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas babies

• 23-09-2009 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

My birthday is in few days. If have so many friends who have birthdays over the next week/10 days. 3 people in work and 4 other friends within one week. When I was in school it was the same thing. A rake of us had birthdays at the of end of Sept/beginning of Oct.

So, have you noticed this phenomenon? Do you have a birthday soon? Why did all our parents get jiggy at christmas time? Telly is normally pretty good around than.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I know what you mean, almost everyone i know has their birthday sometime in the next 52 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Why did all our parents get jiggy at christmas time?

Sherry brings the guard down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I notice the november ones more.Valentines Day babies

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

A lot of my friends have birthdays around May '91,myself included.

World Cup Babies ftw.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I'm a September baby, born on the 3rd but was 3 weeks early. Mom let it slip once I was 'made' on Christmas 1992.

My little brother's around the same time,few days before mine. I came across a rather too detailed diary my mom wrote about the day he was... made :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

A lot of my friends are around February/March... maybe we subliminally befriend people with birthday's around ours...

Or maybe we just notice them more easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I thought that this thread was about an alternative to turkeys. Would you still use cranberry sauce, or is another more suitable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

My birthday's tomorrow - which, by my calculations, means my parents got busy on Christmas Eve!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

brummytom wrote: »
    I'm a September baby, born on the 3rd but was 3 weeks early. Mom let it slip once I was 'made' on Christmas 1992.

My little brother's around the same time,few days before mine. I came across a rather too detailed diary my mom wrote about the day he was... made :o

Jesus christ. I want to give you a hug every time you talk about your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

My sister was a result of Valentines day and I can thank Hurricane Charley in 1986 and my parents being unable to go anywhere with floods for my own creation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Jesus christ. I want to give you a hug every time you talk about your family.

I want to be emancipated every time I think about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

galwayrush wrote: »
    I know what you mean, almost everyone i know has their birthday sometime in the next 52 weeks.

That is so weird! My birthday is nearly always within 12 months of my friends birthdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

That is so weird! My birthday is nearly always within 12 months of my friends birthdays

Bizarre mine is always within one year, weird huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

WeeBushy wrote: »
    A lot of my friends are around February/March... maybe we subliminally befriend people with birthday's around ours...

Or maybe we just notice them more easily.

same here. All seem to be around the end of february, march, start of april.. Im a march one myself.

And i just noticed this a few weeks ago, that if i count the months correctly, i was 'created' a month before my parents got married. So technically, i was at my parents wedding :). Never got told this by them though :rolleyes: . And then they go on about ''never have sex before marraige!'' *pfft!*

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

I am a christmas baby! 24th of December (92 days away :D)

And I was a week early which means, if my calculations are correct, my parents did the dirty after drunken paddys day celebrations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Elvis died nine months before I was born, and my parents' friends happened to be over from England so they all went on a huge piss-up that evening. They were extremely upset over Elvis. I think it's fair to speculate I'm the result of a comfort poke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Dudess wrote: »
    Elvis died nine months before I was born, and my parents' friends happened to be over from England so they all went on a huge piss-up that evening. They were extremely upset over Elvis. I think it's fair to speculate I'm the result of a comfort poke...

Eh.. how can I put this... Group Sex baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I thought that this thread was about an alternative to turkeys. Would you still use cranberry sauce, or is another more suitable?

Cranberry sauce isn't really nice on baby meat tbh. Babies aren't as dry as turkey so gravey would do just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I reckon it's Santa.

I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Oh no

Elvis puns INCOMING!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Mine's in early October....alot of my good friends seem to be in the winter range themselves now that I think about it. Alot are in February/March as well. Very, very little in summer time.

Testosterone levels are lower in Spring than normal...maybe this is how the the men finally decide they'd like a likkle ikkle cute wittle baba around the house.

Or perhaps they just have sex because they're cold.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Oh no

Elvis puns INCOMING!

Now, now. Don't be cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Since this is a birthday thread, click here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ye i know alot of people in september/october.....

Mate- 3rd Sept
    Mum- Sept 11th(agh)
    Nephew- 16th Sept
    Me and my mate- 26th Sept(two days whoo)
    My Dad- 27th of Sept
    My mate- 29th of Sept
    My brother- October 6th

its not a wealthy time for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

TheZohan wrote: »
    Since this is a birthday thread, click here. :)

holy crap! It seems i was 'created' 3 months before my parents got married. Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

my baby is 1 tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

My daughter was concieved the day i got married, which i'm pretty fkn proud of. No messin about there lads!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I see why you're called "Dudess" now. You must have gone through hell at school, after your parents named you Elvis.:eek:

holy crap! It seems i was 'created' 3 months before my parents got married. Wtf?

...??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Actually, there isn't that much difference between months, only August can be considered exceptional.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89729

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Daroxtar wrote: »
    My daughter was concieved the day i got married, which i'm pretty fkn proud of. No messin about there lads!:D
    Your sig in the context of that post is kinda amusing... :pac:

Your sig in the context of that post is kinda amusing... :pac:

He shagged her on the wedding DJ's deck stand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Daroxtar wrote: »

At least there could be no suspicious minds there.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Yule Ma

*feels the buyer's remorse*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So, have you noticed this phenomenon? Do you have a birthday soon? Why did all our parents get jiggy at christmas time?.

My birthdays on Monday,please dont put such thoughts into my innocent mind!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You sick f uck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I have noticed most of the people i know were born in the months May and Sept. May babies were obviously made during late summer holiday mobile home romps in places like Courtown, Kilkee or Ballybunion. And September babies are obviously Christmas productions when copious amounts of alcohol are intaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

EW gross. You read about your parents having sex, and concieving your brother. Thats sooo many levels of disturbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

LD 50 wrote: »
    EW gross. You read about your parents having sex, and concieving your brother. Thats sooo many levels of disturbed.

You know, your parents probably had sex to "make" you too, right? Probably doggy style too, judging by your demenour. Just think about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

When are you going to post an extract from this diary? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Right back at ye. I was 'made' on Christmas Day - my folks left my brother & sister playin downstairs & my Mam gave my Dad his present. Hey presto, I was born 9 months to the day later. I was told this by both of 'em one day at the dinner table, ffs.

We should start a club for people who've been traumitised by being told the details of their conception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Hmm my birthday is in April and so is quite a few people I know.

This makes no sense although it was two weeks after chernobyl......hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

My birthday is in few days. If have so many friends who have birthdays over the next week/10 days. 3 people in work and 4 other friends within one week. When I was in school it was the same thing. A rake of us had birthdays at the of end of Sept/beginning of Oct.

So, have you noticed this phenomenon? Do you have a birthday soon? Why did all our parents get jiggy at christmas time? Telly is normally pretty good around than.

It's really because your old fella is passed out from whiskey and Mom in in the kitchen getting roggered by next door's neighbour in his santa outfit.
    Cue your old fella is not really your fella :p

And it's not so bad...I was told by my old lady that the worst 21st present she got..... was me :D

irlmarc wrote: »
    Hmm my birthday is in April and so is quite a few people I know.

This makes no sense although it was two weeks after chernobyl......hmmmm.

I don't getcha? Your mother's labour lasted two weeks?

Which still doesn't make sense coz the explosion happened on 26th April!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I don't getcha? Your mother's labour lasted two weeks?

Which still doesn't make sense coz the explosion happened on 26th April!!!

Oh I was a few weeks early I forgot to mention that part. I though chernobyl happened mid April my bad.

The speed of boards just took a serious nose dive

it's times like this i feel being a non-wedlock child is highly unusual :confused:

bluewolf wrote: »
    it's times like this i feel being a non-wedlock child is highly unusual :confused:

A kid I was babysitting for once told me that he was born exactly one month after his parents wedding, and that his parents had wanted him so much that they phoned the stork straight away when they got married and asked for an express delivery.

I wouldn't mind but this kid was about eleven ... definitely old enough to know better!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I quite like erotic lit, throw it up here please:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I remember a guy I used to know told us that 9 months before he was born his parents were on holiday in las vegas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Jammyc wrote: »
    I remember a guy I used to know told us that 9 months before he was born his parents were on holiday in las vegas.

My daughter might have the same story in a few years.. Vegas baby... She was then born on Xmas eve.

• Advertisement
Advertisement