Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing on a netbook

Options
  • 23-09-2009 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done this? I'm heading away for a while and don't really want to lug a full laptop around. I presume the ram (1gb) and processor (atom) would be ok if I don't have much else running in the background but my main worry is the screen size-I generally play 2 sng's at the same time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

I have a Samsung nc20 which has a better high res 12 inch screen than most netbooks.

Great bit of kit. Light as a feather, 4-6 hrs off the battery and can run several poker clients, holdem manager and t'internet at the same time.

The only close to downside is that it takes you back in time, waiting several minutes for progs to boot up. Works fine once they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

I picked up a netbook a few wks ago - did not fancy having a full laptop, just wanted something light and handy.

The downside though is whether I will be able to multi table on it, I'm not convinced so far tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

They should allow to use these when playing live! There are a few good weekend games coming up but the thought of missing the online sunday games turns me off going! :(

Advertisement