Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Question

Options
  • 23-09-2009 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

I posted up an excel question here before and ye were a great help. Im hoping ye might be able to help out again! Iv tried to figure this out myself but with no luck.

Here's my problem. I have a table between F2 and FF80. In this table I have serial numbers in various random cells and more of these cells are blank. These serial numbers can also be repeated a number of times throughout the table. What I want to be able to do is count how many unique serial numbers are in the table and display that value in a cell.

Any help you could give would get me out of a hole!! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 majestic0110

Hi CooperGuy, I hope you are well. I am no excel pro myself but I did a quick google for you and came up with this :

here

I hope this is useful, it seems to be a possible solution !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

My problem with that solution is that it only seems to work on one column. It wont work over multiple rows and columns at the same time

cooperguy wrote: »
    My problem with that solution is that it only seems to work on one column. It wont work over multiple rows and columns at the same time

My apologies, I misread your query! I am not sure how well you know macros but take a look at this thread I found, I think it will help:

here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

hey - cool site majestic

Cheers, I find it useful! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Thanks for the help. I know VERY little about macros but ill give it a shot.

Great, if you need further help don't hesitate to ask!

Advertisement