Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Marketing Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Yes, I know. That's why I suggested to order for people who definitely would buy last years as well. If we order this years book in a huge number for the launch that money must be transferred somehow as well.
    So, if it's possible: great. If not, I'll order it individually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

DeVore is going to buy a dozen copies of the book to try and sell to the public at the launch, he requested that members on here buy it online and not at the launch, and that no one elses buys spare copies of the book to have at the launch as he doesn't want to be left with them

I'm going to organise a Dublin group buy but i can't put down the money up front so it's going to be paypal or cheque to me if you want in, I'm just gonna work out all the details and I'll get a thread up later on tonight

EDIT: xia, i'll try and get a group buy for last years book going too, I'm interested in getting one too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

rameire wrote: »
    i would like just some things when the time is right.

a standard signature for my boards posts.
    something for my facebook
    maybe a signature for my email
    and i think we need to force a thread of the day with all the details of the book launch.
    by pm all people involved to thank the thread.

Bejasusbegorrah .... what are you on about :eek::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Fair play to DeVore :)

I'll be on for the Dublin Purchase group. No problem transferring cash via paypal !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

Covey wrote: »
    Bejasusbegorrah .... what are you on about :eek::confused:

i want to promote the book with a standard setup so that other people can use it too, so we can make the most amount possible for the ssf.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Can anyone make up a simple sig and some kind of flyer to promote the book?
    just need it to include the website (photobook.boards.ie) and saying on sale now! maybe include the boards logo too. Any help greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Well... if you want something simple for a signarture here's like a 2 minute job until somebody get's fancier with it!

[URL="https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/170375/93712.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Will that suffice until somebody does something proper?

• Advertisement

Actually, I notice I said "now available" instead of for sale. Shout if you want the text changed. That's about as fancy as I'll go though!

Thanks KG, that's great but it blends in with the furniture, if you could use some more eye catching colours and either include the web address or a note saying click here to buy or something like that, it'd be perfect, thanks for your help :)

How about these?

93719.jpg

93720.jpg

93721.jpg

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    How about these?

absolutely spot on, thanks Karma Garda :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

i had done something like this last year so here they are again :)

sig.png

boards_logo_combo-1.jpg

badgeslogo.png

these could be used in web pages or blogs ect. I'm not sure if i've got the url's right let me know if they're incorrect.
    :)

How's the book coming along lads/ladies? I'm really lookin forward to seeing this years addition. I have the credit card fully loaded, safety catch off, and sights on. As soon as this baby is released, lock and load :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Can someone do up a link type ad for blogs etc? I still have last year's ad in my blog!

got me my signature and also link is on facemuck.
    might start spamming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Ok, let the marketing begin in earnest. The ordering thread has been placed back in the exhibitions sub forum.

This thread continues to concentrate on sales and marketing and we're temporarily moving it to the main forum until all the launch and other activities are well organised and settled down.

m_s_nixon is our task master here.

Pop up your ideas, suggestions, requests, needs, etc... All welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

how's the website going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Could you also provide the code I could just copy and paste into Flickr and Pix.ie? I mean complete link including link to the location of the banner + active link to Blurb.
    Please.
    I might sound lazy, but in real, I am very lazy :D

Edit: And of course into my signature...

• Advertisement

[URL="https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/170375/93721.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

just go to quote me and thus copy the info and post to your sig
    minus the quote tags of course

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

[URL="https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/170375/93721.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

just go to quote me and thus copy the info and post to your sig
    minus the quote tags of course

these not wayyyy to gfx heavy and size heavy for boards.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

these not wayyyy to gfx heavy and size heavy for boards.ie?

It does seem HUGE alright

What about this size?
    picture.php?albumid=612&pictureid=4165

that does seem a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Eh One biggie.

The link to photobook.boards.ie only leads to the boards.ie index page. Either this sub-domain has not been cleared by big brother or its broken.

Could someone please clarify this before the misleading links go out all over the place.

that does seem a bit better.

But wouldn't it be better if it sale "Click for Details" as its a direct link to the blurb.....putting another address only complicates things?

I think a size in between the 2 might be better. And maybe "click for details" would be better than the url... or maybe both. I dunno?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

bumpidy bump

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    Can anyone make up a simple sig and some kind of flyer to promote the book?
    just need it to include the website (photobook.boards.ie) and saying on sale now! maybe include the boards logo too. Any help greatly appreciated :)

Lads I'm starting to see some of these sigs starting to appear around the boards, and nobody who is responsible for this url appearing seems to be responding to my previous posting. IMO the reference to photobook.boards.ie either needs to be removed and people notified, or we need to approach dev and co to have the sub-domain put in place.

Philip

Lads I'm starting to see some of these sigs starting to appear around the boards, and nobody who is responsible for this url appearing seems to be responding to my previous posting. IMO the reference to photobook.boards.ie either needs to be removed and people notified, or we need to approach dev and co to have the sub-domain put in place.

Philip

Why not just go with something like this that links to the blurb until the proper site up and running?
    picture.php?albumid=612&pictureid=4183

• Advertisement

95124.jpg

95125.jpg

95126.jpg

That better?

I seem to have managed to uninstall the original font I used on the bottom right. Must find out what it was called again :confused:

Obviously, the site you all need to link to is:

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/909547

Lads I'm starting to see some of these sigs starting to appear around the boards, and nobody who is responsible for this url appearing seems to be responding to my previous posting. IMO the reference to either needs to be removed and people notified, or we need to approach dev and co to have the sub-domain put in place.

Philip

photobook.boards.ie will be the official link and has already been printed in the book. there is a website being worked on and it will be linked to when it's up and running

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    photobook.boards.ie will be the official link and has already been printed in the book. there is a website being worked on and it will be linked to when it's up and running

Thank you very much. I haven't been involved in the organising of the book, due to lack of time on my behalf. Those of you who have been actively involved have done fabulous work, and deserve all the praise.

With the publication of the book on blurb, I started to see the sigs appearing around boards, which did nothing for the campaign. I apologise if I seemed a bit annoyed, however I did feel the attention had to be brought to events as they were unfolding.

When the sub-domain has been setup it'll be great to have the revised logo, however in the meantime we have a logo to post out there on the net. Well done and once again thanks for all the great and wonderful work you are doing on this project.

Could I ask one the design to put an alert posting on the forum to ask users to replace their existing sigs with the temporary one you have designed along with the correct coding for the hyperlink. I'd do it only I feel it's not my place.
    ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The url: photobook.boards.ie now redirects to the blurb page for the book!

Hope this helps.... I might not be active but drop me a Pm if you need anything else!

DeV.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Cheers, DeV. I'll get the website sorted as quickly as I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Has the word gotten out on to the twitterverse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

After a slight delay, the boardsbook09 twitter stream is up and running here. I hope to refresh it about once daily (any more would probably just get annoying).

Please follow and RT to get the word out.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Just recieved my book today. Standard of photos in that are top class. Absolutely stunning photobook, really looks the business!

I sent the below to m_s_nixon and oscarBravo a couple weeks ago but got no reply ( in know they are very busy)
    But anyways in relation to the marketing.....
    Guys,
    Im sending this via PM because i really dunno if anything will come of it......

Long story short is that i have a mate that is at an editorial level in the New of the World. I mentioned to him about the look launch to get some extra coverage and he told me;
    I'll do my best to get something in in the next few weeks - are there any especially unusual pictures or photographers? My editor hates charity things but if you can think of anything quirky or unusual, I'll do my very best.

So is there anything in the book thats quirky or unusual?
    I told my mate that the standard will be massively high and at the launch loads of edjits dressed up in stupid santa outfits......!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    Just recieved my book today. Standard of photos in that are top class. Absolutely stunning photobook, really looks the business!

Dammit, why didn't I plump for super speedy delivery? Hubby and I were both in it so I was buying two copies and trying to keep costs down, but I really regret it now :(

Edit - scratch that, they came today! Now if only the baby would let me read it ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be ramping up the SSF marketing this week (presuming some family matters get cleared up :( ) and will make the Photobook a part of that.

So far so good!! Looking forward to the launch...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Divorce is messy....keep the matchbox cars let her have the Fiesta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Loads of eejits dressed in stupid santa outfits...

Speaking of which...

I still have all the costumes from last year - who's in? Should I bring them to the launch? I'm thinking there's no harm anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

umm... i seem to have missed this along the way somewhere - but where and when is the launch?? :o

artyeva wrote: »
    umm... i seem to have missed this along the way somewhere - but where and when is the launch?? :o

Saturday 28th november, Dublin Camera Club :)

Guys 'n' gals.... its very likely I wont be able to make this now as my father has been in hospital here in Malta for the last week. He's out today but wont be flying back until the 1st and I'm likely to stay here with him .... you peeps have been playing a blinder anyway and Dav and Darragh can help with anything official or PM me here as I will have internet the whole time. Really sorry to be missing this but duty calls... :(

DeV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Who said you were invited anyway? ;)

Seriously .... It's a shame you will miss the Launch but family comes first. I dare say there will be one or two photo's taken on the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

'The Book' landed this morning.

Bravo to Oscar for the production work, the photos are fantastic and you've given them a superb setting.

Thanks to everyone once again for contributing to this fantastic project.

• Advertisement
Advertisement