Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help getting signal upstairs

Options
  • 24-09-2009 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey, just wondering if someone could help me or give me advise. I know just the basics of computers & the internet etc...
    I just got NTL broadband last week, I got the 10mb deal because Im a gamer & have to play online! :p.
    Downstairs I have the digital box with modem connected into it (I asked for the modem upstairs but they had to connect it into the box, or so they said I duno?) I have an xbox & wii connected to that tv both work perfectly with wireless no problems there.... Upstairs I have another xbox & a ps3 & it can pick up the wireless but the signal is 12% if Im lucky! Trying to do updates for the ps3 is a nightmare!!!
    I used to have the modem & wireless in my room with my old broadband, I still have the modem & wireless box. Is it possible to plug them into the room & run of the same network? Getting a very long internet lead isnt an option I have 2 dogs that ove to chew wires!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

What wireless modem are you using now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭whizgremlin

hi drazil,

you could look into getting a wireless booster/range extender - this might help your problem, you would need to get one that would be universal and compliment your existing set up, most computer stores have them.

Advertisement